Bike Choice, Cervelo Soloist vs Scott CR1

piero

Apr 17, 2006
Hi all,

I know this topic might be in the forum quite a long time ago.

I am now in the market of getting my 2nd road bike as a real racer …

I am looking at the Scott CR1 Pro, using 105 kit. & the Cervelo Soloist Team, using Ultegra

At this stage, I think Soloist is a better choice. Any comments are welcome, and please tell me the pro & con about these two bikes.

Lots of consideration between these two, like Carbon Fiber vs Alu, 105 vs Ultegra ….

Also, any idea of where can I can Cervelo in Sydney beside KOM?

Thanks mate!

Piero

piero said:
Hi all,

I know this topic might be in the forum quite a long time ago.

I am now in the market of getting my 2nd road bike as a real racer …

I am looking at the Scott CR1 Pro, using 105 kit. & the Cervelo Soloist Team, using Ultegra
531Aussie has the Cervelo. He likes it. You could PM him. I think Parawolf has the Scott.

The Cervelo is a bike frame engineered to lower aerodynamic drag. The Scott is a bike frame. I don't own either. But I know where I'd be putting my money if I cared enough to spend that much.

piero said:
At this stage, I think Soloist is a better choice.
I agree. Bought mine about 4 months ago and I'm quite fond of it. ;)

piero said:
Also, any idea of where can I can Cervelo in Sydney beside KOM?
Try George at Endeavour Cycles in Gymea. Circumstances meant I couldn't get it from him but I wish I could have.

/k

I am considering these 2 bikes as well.

I read a recent review on the CR1 that said some of the production was now done in mainland China, with final assembly and qualiy control being done in Taiwan.

I have test ridden both and am leaning toward the Soloist Team, for ride quality and prestige. The only problem I have is I am not sure wether I like the silver/red colour. This is the only colour option available to me in Perth as a frameset (building up with Chorus group and Zonda wheels).

Any opinions on the colour of this or does anyone have some scoop on what colour the 09 Soloist frame is?

If anyone out there (bikeshop land AUS) has a black 51 cm Team Soloist frameset (new) please PM me!

Cheers,
Chris

Ainsie said:
Any opinions on the colour of this or does anyone have some scoop on what colour the 09 Soloist frame is?
mine's red/silver and I like it. Originally I wanted the grey anodised but when I saw the red/silver in person it I was quite taken by it - looks way better in real life than in pics

/k

kakman said:
mine's red/silver and I like it. Originally I wanted the grey anodised but when I saw the red/silver in person it I was quite taken by it - looks way better in real life than in pics

/k
Just wondering where did you get yours Soloist?

Would you mind telling me how much do you pay for that as well?

Ainsie said:
If anyone out there (bikeshop land AUS) has a black 51 cm Team Soloist frameset (new) please PM me!
Not Aus I know, but Total Cycling in Northern Ireland will do the Team Soloist for about $1800. Insured shipping will be about $100. You may well get stung for duty and GST on top of that due to the value. (Seems to be the grey anodised though, rather than black - maybe this isn't what you were after).

I bought wheels from them a few months ago and they were fine to deal with.

Thanks scirocco for the tip and kakman for the reply re the colour. You are right I will get stung for the GST etc so it would be closer to 2100 when it all pans out.

I have been quoted $1400 for a frameset here in Perth so might have to get used to the silver/red colour. I don't think I can wait that long for the 09 model to be released.

I have been told the 09 Cervelo’s will actually be released pretty much in 09 which differs from quite a lot of manufacturers who are probably gearing up to release some of their 09 models in the next couple of months.

By the by how tall, inseam and frame size do you ride in the soloist?

Me 168 cm, 79 cm inseam, 51 cm soloist

Cheers,

Chris

kakman said:
Soooooo, that would be a vote for the Soloist or the Scott?
I think he likes both!!
icon10.gif