Bike Coalition website finally up

MikeEagle12

Jul 18, 2006
Hello guys, I just wanted to see if I could get your opinion of a new bike website me and a few other guys here finally got up and running.

The idea behind ours is for it to be a forum for the bike members that use it, not just a forum but a community. It’s basically a bicycle discussion forum where bike riders of all ages and skills can come together and exchange tips, share experiences, chat, and further their knowledge and spirit of the sport with each visit.
Just wanted to see if I could get some suggestions/opinions of the forum. Here’s something I came up with today that will hopefully be used in the future to help promote it. I was pretty proud of it so I though I’d share :p

testus4fc7.jpg

http://www.bikecoalition.com

If this isn't allowed please delte it, I don't want to be a bother to cyclingforums.com

MikeEagle12 said:
Hello guys, I just wanted to see if I could get your opinion of a new bike website me and a few other guys here finally got up and running.

The idea behind ours is for it to be a forum for the bike members that use it, not just a forum but a community. It’s basically a bicycle discussion forum where bike riders of all ages and skills can come together and exchange tips, share experiences, chat, and further their knowledge and spirit of the sport with each visit.
Just wanted to see if I could get some suggestions/opinions of the forum. Here’s something I came up with today that will hopefully be used in the future to help promote it. I was pretty proud of it so I though I’d share :p

testus4fc7.jpg

http://www.bikecoalition.com

If this isn't allowed please delte it, I don't want to be a bother to cyclingforums.com
No one has any suggestions. Would really appreciate it if someone could just give me a simple critique.

MikeEagle12 said:
No one has any suggestions. Would really appreciate it if someone could just give me a simple critique.
You mean other than many of us already spend way too much time on existing forums to have a need to look for another one to sap away our riding time?

It looks like a reasonable forum, much as this one, and bikeforums.net and a variety of other specialized forums.

Sense of community? I just went on a ride with 20 members of a forum... many of us are planning to meet again in October...

I wish you the best in your endeavor, perhaps it will lessen the load on the forums I already use. :D

BTW - I do think your selection of forums is reasonable, and if moderated to keep the tone of messages as positive as possible should be an asset to the cycling community.

I registered, and I have a couple comments. Usually a forum will send a confirmation e-mail to the person who just registered, and their registration isn't valid until an e-mail confirmation takes place. This prevents users from abusing somebody's e-mail address.

Overall, it's remarkably similar to the Bike Forum. You may want to consider a "Politics" section. They usually provoke a lot of thought and activity, plus it's a way to keep politics out of the cycling sections. See the MTB forum for a good example.

poweredbysweat said:
I registered, and I have a couple comments. Usually a forum will send a confirmation e-mail to the person who just registered, and their registration isn't valid until an e-mail confirmation takes place. This prevents users from abusing somebody's e-mail address.

Overall, it's remarkably similar to the Bike Forum. You may want to consider a "Politics" section. They usually provoke a lot of thought and activity, plus it's a way to keep politics out of the cycling sections. See the MTB forum for a good example.
Yeah, I didn't realize it wasn't sending out confirmation emails, I corrected the problem. Thanks for pointing it out.

For now I just have a regularGeneral Discussion and Debate section. Once the forum begins to grow, I will try and expand on this, hopefully including a Politic sections as you mentioned:D

thanks for your comments

It is a nice looking forum... I like the name Bike Coalition.. it seems kind of underground and fringe....

It seems you have a good amount of action on that board already, how long ago did you start it?

I am afraid to sign up though as I spend too much time online as it is :D but I guess that is better than too much time in front of the tv.

Good luck with the forum... I may stop by avery now and again.

cycling_jedi said:
It is a nice looking forum... I like the name Bike Coalition.. it seems kind of underground and fringe....

It seems you have a good amount of action on that board already, how long ago did you start it?

I am afraid to sign up though as I spend too much time online as it is :D but I guess that is better than too much time in front of the tv.

Good luck with the forum... I may stop by avery now and again.
Appreciate it.

Actually started it one month ago today. We're getting some attention though it is starting to slow down a bit. Might have to advertise through google adsense if it doesn't pick back up again.

Was wondering if any of you guys have any bike websites or blogs that you may want to trade links with. If so just let me know.

I'm also looking for bike clubs that might want to use the club forums/section, if you are apart of a club that may want to use bike coalition, I'd be happy to send you more information.

dgregory57 said:
BTW - I do think your selection of forums is reasonable, and if moderated to keep the tone of messages as positive as possible should be an asset to the cycling community.
We're trying too, we actually just got a report to moderator button in all the threads for users of Bike Coalition. :D