Bike Color?

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
I don't freakin' care ha ha! Years ago I wanted a blue bike. I wanted a pretty bike. Now I really don't care. I have a blue bike, a white bike, a maroon bike, and a silver bike. I can't ride any of them for more than a minute and even remember or care about the color. As long as it runs well, that's all I care about.

Some dude we saw today on a ride was talking about his new bike. He said he liked the bike but didn't like the color. When he said that, I had to look over at my bike to see what color it was ha ha! Oh yeah, it's that color. Nowadays if I were to buy a bike I'd ride it and if it felt good, I'd buy it no matter the color. B)

I only cared about the color of my bikes when I was younger. Blue was my favorite color when I was a kid and I wanted most of my stuff to be that color, even my bikes. As the years went by, I bought bikes that were red, white, black and even silver. Now that I'm a far more mature gent, I'm a lot like you where the color is no longer an issue. I care about the ride quality and the components far more than the color.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
And clean! Doesn't matter what color I have, I have to keep it clean. ;)

I've currently got a silver and white frame, which looks ok but it's not my favourite colour combination.

My favourite was a pale blue and black metallic that looked fantastic in the sun, sadly that bike died a number of years ago now and I've not been able to find anything similar since.

My current one has a silver metallic colour to it and I have to say that colour matters to be but it's not a game changer if you know what I mean?

I've seen a bike that is black and also has green parts to it and that colour scheme really goes well.

When I was a little girl the neighbor's daughter had a pink tricycle and she would always let me ride it. My greatest wish then was that I would get a pink bike. Today, the color of my bike wouldn't matter. Just give me something that goes and that means I can get a good exercise out of it.

rosamaria said:
When I was a little girl the neighbor's daughter had a pink tricycle and she would always let me ride it. My greatest wish then was that I would get a pink bike. Today, the color of my bike wouldn't matter. Just give me something that goes and that means I can get a good exercise out of it.
I have to admit that I like the colour dark pink and if there was a dark pink and black bike I would consider getting it. I'm not too keen on the amount of strange looks I'd get though :unsure:

I used to be particular with the color of my bike just like how one would choose the color of his car. But nowadays I could not care less. Just as long as the bike is in good form I will use it. I am now more of the purpose than the form. On the second thought I still have some color preference

I think a lot of people will be the same, and when you choose a bike you choose it for function rather than form, after all the colour won't make much difference to how it rides.

The only colour I won't have is red, but other than that I can pretty much live with most.

I like lots of different colors so I don't have a favorite, although black and white is not on my top because it dirties to fast, but really glossy black when polished looks fantastic. There are other colors I don't like, such as green, or salmon.

Colour is probably my very last consideration, if it's something I think about at all. I'd probably be less likely to pick something really bright and flashy, but if it had everything else I wanted and the price was decent it wouldn't put me off. I've never been able to afford a brand new bike though, so colour choice isn't really an issue since I'm usually going by who can offer me the best deal, and most people aren't looking to get rid of super fancy bikes (at least not in my price range).

For some reason most of my bikes have ended up being dark blue, which I kind of like because it's pretty nondescript.

[SIZE=10.5pt]My mountain bike has a blue frame, and neutral colors for the other parts, black, gray and metallic. I don't mind the color as long as it is not too girly and will suit me. I am more concerned about my outfits when cycling. The design and color of my bike jersey, helmet and accessories are important, especially in races since there are people watching and it shows your sense of style and fashion. But in the end, it doesn't really matter as long as I had fun racing and completing a course. [/SIZE]

I'm not even all that concerned about things like that either though to be honest, and while I don't want to look like a clown dressed up in all different colours, it's not something I purposely colour coordinate or anything like that.

Edit to my earlier post, I was referring to bike paint colors not clothing. I wear bland clothing, no gaudy drugstore racer clothes or gaudy advertising, just plain either neon green, yellow or white. The only jersey I have with a print is one that looks like a tuxedo, I wear it as a gag on city rides where hundreds of riders are riding. I can't understand paying $100 or so for a jersey plastered with someone's advertising and not get to at least a free jersey to wear it since I'm using my body as a their billboard! Yeah, I know, I'm weird for thinking that way.

Mr. Beanz said:
And clean! Doesn't matter what color I have, I have to keep it clean. ;)
Pretty much how I feel too, I am more concern about the specs than about the color, meaning, if the machine is good and running properly I really could not care less about the color. Clean all the times! :)

I agree with original poster the color doesn't matter if you feel comfortable riding the bike. It is all about features and riding experience that matters.

It is common knowledge that a black bike is 20% faster than the next lead color on the speed chart. Is also a fact that replacing your rear wheel with a wheel of larger diameter will make your bike run downhill on flats and make climbs even out to flats.

jhuskey said:
It is common knowledge that a black bike is 20% faster than the next lead color on the speed chart. Is also a fact that replacing your rear wheel with a wheel of larger diameter will make your bike run downhill on flats and make climbs even out to flats.
Does that percentage change if one was to apply go-faster stripes to it? ;)

Susimi said:
Does that percentage change if one was to apply go-faster stripes to it? ;)
I need more information. Detail the color, length, width and whether horizontal or vertical stripes. I can tell you straight out that "lighting bolts" type decals do nothing and that they are a myth and a ripoff. Candystriping the toptube can add the most speed but loss of handling so they are a tradeoff.
I find that adding a small hash mark stripe on the downtube for every cat I can catch and hit adds a certain tasteful distinction to the frame.

My current bike is matte Black. When i was in the market, a flat paint job was my only requirement. Not sure why I like it so much. My Nishiki is bright red glossy.