bike.com?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kristine Peterson, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. Anyone know what has happened to this website? It's there, but hasn't been
    updated in ages, now goes to adds instead of the site. Is it dead?

    Thanks - kp

    Tags:

  2. CoBikeRacer

    CoBikeRacer Guest

  3. On 03/16/2005 09:56 AM, in article
    [email protected], "CoBikeRacer"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Yep, Looks like it is gone again. Tried, www.Bike.com but get
    > redirected to http://www.nationalbikeregistry.com/because/index.html
    > Either that or somebody hacked the site...
    >
    > Bummer much better site then Velonews.
    > Will have to stick to CyclingNews.com, PezCycling.com...

    It's back.

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com

  4. it's back up, but it looks like some 18 year old experimenting with a
    frontpage
    template.
    the whole "we're gonna make millions off a noun website" thing was a
    seriously weird time period in history, there was a time when
    bike.com was worth millions on paper, and now look at it - seriously
    hoopty, not worth the cost of hosting it.
    I'm guessing Excel dumped it, and some dude is just running it out of
    his mothers basement waiting for the next dotcom bubble.

  5. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Kristine Peterson wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone know what has happened to this website? It's there, but hasn't

    > been
    >
    >>updated in ages, now goes to adds instead of the site. Is it dead?
    >>
    >>Thanks - kp

    > That site has been pretty dead for like 5 years,

    Still, the tech articles by Kraig Willett were really good, at
    least until they all became ads for for-pay studies at
    http://www.biketechreview.com . It would be bad to see those
    archives lost.

    Dan