Bike Computer- Advice needed

Daz1980

Sep 25, 2004
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a computer for the new bike. Can anyone give me a review of a Cateye Micro Wireless, 10 Function Bicycle Computer or similar. Looking at about $75 price range.

Cheers

I have one . It Sucks Big Time. I have had 3 cordless computers without any problems. I got the Cateye Cordless and no matter how carefull I am aligning it to the magnet and sensor, Time and time again I look down at the screen to see an obviously inncorrect speed . :mad:

5 visits to my bike shop and I have given up. It all works well at the shop but as soon as you are on the road its back to crazy figures and averages.

Stick to Echo cheaper and better.

Daz1980 said:
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a computer for the new bike. Can anyone give me a review of a Cateye Micro Wireless, 10 Function Bicycle Computer or similar. Looking at about $75 price range.

Cheers

Mark Farrugia said:
I have one . It Sucks Big Time. I have had 3 cordless computers without any problems. I got the Cateye Cordless and no matter how carefull I am aligning it to the magnet and sensor, Time and time again I look down at the screen to see an obviously inncorrect speed . :mad:

5 visits to my bike shop and I have given up. It all works well at the shop but as soon as you are on the road its back to crazy figures and averages.

Stick to Echo cheaper and better.
I have a Cateye micro wireless and it runs perfectly. I did have problems with its predecessor, the Cateye 7 cordless, however.

biker jk said:
I have a Cateye micro wireless and it runs perfectly. I did have problems with its predecessor, the Cateye 7 cordless, however.
I agree with above, my Cateye has been great for 5000k's, not a problem at all. I've heard of the readings going crazy around towers and that sort of thing but haven't had any such problems.