Bike Computer / Watch hybrid

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Walter Mitty, May 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walter Mitty

Walter Mitty Guest

Can anyone recommend a dual purpose bike computer and watch? (e.g it clips off the bike and can be
    worn like a watch with an optinal wrist strap)

Standard facilities such as RPM, distance measurements, but ideally with a digital compass,
    barometer, and altimeter. Heart monitor would be a bonus.

failing all that, just a recommendation for a fixed bike computer.

--
    Walter Mitty.

Tags:

2. Walter Mitty <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

>
    > Can anyone recommend a dual purpose bike computer and watch? (e.g it clips off the bike and can be
    > worn like a watch with an optinal wrist strap)
    >
    > Standard facilities such as RPM, distance measurements, but ideally with a digital compass,
    > barometer, and altimeter. Heart monitor would be a bonus.
    >
    > failing all that, just a recommendation for a fixed bike computer.
    >

Not exactly what you asked for but it might be useful: check out the Suunto Metron. It has altitude,
    barometer, compass and HRM, and a very comfortable strap (IMHO, YMMV). From an old Cardiosport HRM I
    have a sort of tube of foam which fastens around the handlebar with velcro, the watch buckles around
    this when I'm cycling.

My computer is a Shimano Flightdeck, which gives gears and cadence as well as the standard
    functions. That's quite enough microelectronics to keep you entertained on a long climb.

Jeremy

3. Jeremy Mortimer <[email protected]_this.org> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

Is there any computer game with pedals ?

> Walter Mitty <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend a dual purpose bike computer and watch? (e.g it clips off the bike and can
    >> be worn like a watch with an optinal wrist strap)
    >>
    >> Standard facilities such as RPM, distance measurements, but ideally with a digital compass,
    >> barometer, and altimeter. Heart monitor would be a bonus.
    >>
    >> failing all that, just a recommendation for a fixed bike computer.
    >>
    >
    > Not exactly what you asked for but it might be useful: check out the Suunto Metron. It has
    > altitude, barometer, compass and HRM, and a very comfortable strap (IMHO, YMMV). From an old
    > Cardiosport HRM I have a sort of tube of foam which fastens around the handlebar with velcro, the
    > watch buckles around this when I'm cycling.
    >
    > My computer is a Shimano Flightdeck, which gives gears and cadence as well as the standard
    > functions. That's quite enough microelectronics to keep you entertained on a long climb.
    >
    > Jeremy

4. Larry Schudt

Larry Schudt Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.