Bike Computer / Watch hybrid

Walter Mitty

Guest
Can anyone recommend a dual purpose bike computer and watch? (e.g it clips off the bike and can be
worn like a watch with an optinal wrist strap)

Standard facilities such as RPM, distance measurements, but ideally with a digital compass,
barometer, and altimeter. Heart monitor would be a bonus.

failing all that, just a recommendation for a fixed bike computer.

--
Walter Mitty.

Walter Mitty <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Can anyone recommend a dual purpose bike computer and watch? (e.g it clips off the bike and can be
> worn like a watch with an optinal wrist strap)
>
> Standard facilities such as RPM, distance measurements, but ideally with a digital compass,
> barometer, and altimeter. Heart monitor would be a bonus.
>
> failing all that, just a recommendation for a fixed bike computer.

Not exactly what you asked for but it might be useful: check out the Suunto Metron. It has altitude,
barometer, compass and HRM, and a very comfortable strap (IMHO, YMMV). From an old Cardiosport HRM I
have a sort of tube of foam which fastens around the handlebar with velcro, the watch buckles around
this when I'm cycling.

My computer is a Shimano Flightdeck, which gives gears and cadence as well as the standard
functions. That's quite enough microelectronics to keep you entertained on a long climb.

Jeremy

Jeremy Mortimer <[email protected]_this.org> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

Is there any computer game with pedals ?