bike computer with cadence sensor

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by BikeDemon, Aug 31, 2012.

1. BikeDemon

BikeDemon New Member

So I had a great group ride last night and set my computer on the roof of my car.... the rest is history. So I need a new computer. I did have the Bontrager Trip 5W, which I like, but I would like to add a cadence sensor. Anyone had good experiences with particular models? I would like to stay around $100 or less - don't need heart rate monitor.
    The two I was looking at is the Cateye Strata Double Wireless (CC-RD400DW) and the Bontrager Node 1.1. Has anyone used these? Like it?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tags:

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

I'm using the Strada Wireless on two of my bikes. It's a decent computer. The display reads easily. The lack of being able to go both forward and backward thru the screens kind of bugs me, but that's a minor, personal complaint. The mount setup is solid and the head/display has held up well this season so far.

Removing the battery or having it go dead kills the odometer reading. No non-volatile memory for the odometer? In 2012? That's odd. You are supposed to write down your odo reading prior to swapping in a new battery or removing the battery if you want to retain your old mileage reading.

I think my next computer is going to be a Garmin or phone-based GPS app, but I do recommend the Cateye as a good, inexpensive unit.

3. e_guevara

e_guevara New Member

+1 on the Cateye Strada - great cyclecomputer for a cheap price. Just like what Campybob said, it sucks to have your battery go dead on the Strada.

4. markspend01

markspend01 New Member

Hey Guys according to that topic if you want to knowing the price list of Strada wireless bike computer sensors then you must visit that url:

nextag. com/strada-wireless-bike-computer/products-html#!