bike computer

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Pugzila, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Pugzila

    Pugzila Guest

    I've got an old bike computer and would like any information on it that I can get. It's grey with 2
    button (1 white, 1 yellow). It also has a white "P" in the upper left corner.

    Thanks in advance, Jim "Pugzila"

    Tags:

  2. > I've got an old bike computer and would like any information on it that I can get. It's grey with
    > 2 button (1 white, 1 yellow). It also has a white "P" in the upper left corner.

    Jim: It's an old Schwinn (P for Paramount) unit. The buttons tended to go bad after just a couple of
    years, and your unit it probably at least 10 years old by now. If it still works and you're just
    trying to figure out how to calibrate it, with most units you can do so via trial and error. Remove
    the batteries, wait maybe a minute or so for it to reset, then put them back in and figure out which
    button changes the setting #, and which one moves on to the next setting.

  3. On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:34:38 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Jim: It's an old Schwinn (P for Paramount) unit. The buttons tended to go bad after just a couple
    >of years, and your unit it probably at least 10 years old by now. If it still works and you're just
    >trying to figure out how to calibrate it, with most units you can do so via trial and error. Remove
    >the batteries, wait maybe a minute or so for it to reset, then put them back in and figure out
    >which button changes the setting #, and which one moves on to the next setting.
    >
    >--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    Instructions for almost any cycle computer known to man are on Sheldon Brown's website:
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com
    --
    To reply by e-mail, be polite. Rudeness will get you nowhere.