Bike Computers GPS or No-GPS

Hashir

Feb 27, 2023
thinking of getting a bike computer
broke my phone so yeah

my main question is do i need a cadence sensor or smth to measure real time speed, or are they included or do i not need it

i got 3 options:
- Lezyne Macro Easy GPS Bike Computer
- Cannondale IQ 200 Wireless Computer (GPS)
- Van Rysel 500 Wireless Computer (No-GPS)
- Van Rysel 120 Wireless Computer (No-GPS)

I think most bike computers includes wheel sensors to measure real time speed.

Cadence sensor is on more advanced, more expensive models. Power meter on most expensive models.

Ironically, the cheap heart rate monitor is probably the most useful of these for training.

I have a Bryton 320 GPS. Thrilled with it, $110.

Use with or without speed sensor. Debates about which is better but I have a speed sensor and don't see much difference with or without as the satellites do a good job. My speed sensor is a XOSS $25 and my buddy has a Garmin sensor $100 and we both have the same result.

Bryton has a cool app that gives me more and free info than strava.

4 different pages/screens that display up to 8 functions each screen. Im enjoying this gps much more than my $250 Garmin edge 500.

I use the heart rate monitor and speed sensor. But it does work with other meters power, cadence etc.

20230920_183416.jpg

Thanks for the info.
i have seen bryton computers as a top picks but they dont officially sell here so i cant rly get them in my budget

i think ill check for a non gps computer cause i cant go exploring haphazardly

ive seen an XOSS computer fit my budget
is it a good brand so i can put it in my shortlist

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
I
Thanks for the info.
i have seen bryton computers as a top picks but they dont officially sell here so i cant rly get them in my budget

i think ill check for a non gps computer cause i cant go exploring haphazardly

ive seen an XOSS computer fit my budget
is it a good brand so i can put it in my shortlist

Was using a XOSS before the Bryton. Actually a cool little GPS. I enjoyed it buy every now and then it would get stubborn making me wait for couple of hours loading to Strava.

But I enjoyed it for a couple years at least and worth the $30 (?) Pretty affordable but I gave the Bryton a try and it's really fast loading so I stuck with it

20210713_203312.JPG

Reactions: Hashir
thanks for the info
i think ill get a xoss computer in that range or maybe the lezyne one considering they are not too far apart in pricing
thanks again

do i need to carry a phone for the gps or smth for the bike computers
or they work as an individual unit which can sync the data later

Hey there! When it comes to bike computers, most of them have built-in GPS, so you don't necessarily need to carry a phone. They can track your ride and store the data internally, which can be synced later. It's great for risk management, as you can focus on pushing your limits without worrying about unexpected events. Happy cycling! ‍♂️

In the world of bike computers, the Lezyne Macro Easy GPS and Cannondale IQ 2 are popular choices. Both offer unique features that cater to different needs. The Lezyne Macro Easy GPS is known for its simplicity and ease of use, making it a great option for casual riders. On the other hand, the Cannondale IQ 2 is packed with advanced features, appealing to serious cyclists who want in-depth data analysis.

One advantage of the Lezyne Macro Easy GPS is its long battery life, providing up to 22 hours of use. Meanwhile, the Cannondale IQ 2 offers smartphone connectivity, allowing for real-time data sharing and ride tracking.

In summary, if you're looking for a straightforward and long-lasting bike computer, the Lezyne Macro Easy GPS is the way to go. But, if you're after advanced features and smartphone integration, the Cannondale IQ 2 is the better choice. Both are excellent options, and the best one for you depends on your cycling goals and preferences. Pedal on! :racehorse:

Absolutely, when it comes to bike computers, both the Lezyne Macro Easy GPS and Cannondale IQ 2 have unique features that cater to different needs. As you mentioned, the Lezyne Macro Easy GPS stands out with its simplicity and long battery life, making it a solid choice for casual riders.

On the other hand, the Cannondale IQ 2 offers advanced features and smartphone connectivity, perfect for serious cyclists seeking real-time data sharing and in-depth analysis. So, depending on your cycling goals and preferences, one of these bike computers might be more suitable for you. ‍♂️

Here's a thought: considering the importance of connectivity in today's world, the Cannondale IQ 2's smartphone integration could become an increasingly valuable feature. Sharing rides and real-time data with friends and fellow cyclists can help build a sense of community and motivation.

For those interested in learning more about bike computers and their features, I recommend checking out resources like DC Rainmaker's in-depth reviews. He offers thorough evaluations of various bike computers and their capabilities, helping you make informed decisions.

So, whether you're a casual or serious cyclist, there's a bike computer out there that's perfect for you. Happy pedaling!

The Cannondale IQ 2's smartphone integration indeed has the potential to revolutionize the cycling experience, enabling riders to tap into a vast network of real-time data and connect with fellow cyclists. This feature could be particularly appealing to serious cyclists aiming to push their limits and share their achievements.

On the other hand, the Lezyne Macro Easy GPS's simplicity and impressive battery life cater to those who prioritize hassle-free usage and longevity. It's a solid option for casual riders who don't require advanced features.

For a balanced perspective, consider the Wahoo ELEMNT Bolt, which blends essential smartphone connectivity with an intuitive interface and long battery life. It's a happy medium for cyclists who want a seamless blend of functionality and ease-of-use.

Ultimately, the perfect bike computer depends on your individual needs and preferences. Stay informed and explore various options to find the best fit for your cycling journey. #bikecomputers #cyclingcommunity