bike courier in melbourne

Jackal83

Jul 15, 2004
if there is anyone out there who used to be a courier in melb, could you please tell me the kind of job it actually is. I was thinking of applying but i'm still not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the physical part of it. I'm pretty fit now, and I've got more speed than indurance. Also, I've got a mountain bike, but do couriers use mtb's or road bikes. Also, how's the money side of it?

Any info or advice you could give me would be a great help.

Thanks.

Jackal83 said:
if there is anyone out there who used to be a courier in melb, could you please tell me the kind of job it actually is. I was thinking of applying but i'm still not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the physical part of it. I'm pretty fit now, and I've got more speed than indurance. Also, I've got a mountain bike, but do couriers use mtb's or road bikes. Also, how's the money side of it?

Any info or advice you could give me would be a great help.

Thanks.
as i mentioned in your previous thread, check out the one on this in the ausbike forum in this same forum site.
It tells you all you need to know and i dont really want to rewrite the 2 pages worth of stuff i have already written.

byron27 said:
as i mentioned in your previous thread, check out the one on this in the ausbike forum in this same forum site.
It tells you all you need to know and i dont really want to rewrite the 2 pages worth of stuff i have already written.
I've searched everywhere but can't find the thread. How long ago was it. The search results only seem to go up to a year ago.

Jackal83 said:
I've searched everywhere but can't find the thread. How long ago was it. The search results only seem to go up to a year ago.
Just searched too....couldnt find it!!!
Then i went through the old threads slowly and got a hold of it. This thread got a bit heated but all the info is in there. Hope it helps you out!

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t153204.html