Bike courier jobs

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by babyjuggles, Jul 4, 2009.

1. babyjuggles

babyjuggles New Member

Calling any messengers out there. I am currently a courier with 4 wheels and dislike driving around the Melbourne metropolitan, worrying about parking and the fuel expenses just kills me. So i want to try my luck with 2 wheels since i love to ride. Just wondering if there are any vacant positions out there and for which companies???

Also any advice on the type of bike i should get for courier work. I've had a bit of a look online and have an idea. Probably want to spend about $1500.

Cheers-happy cycling

Tags:

2. geerfree

geerfree New Member

You could probably get away with a bike under a grand, save as much as you can. What types of bikes were you looking at?

3. babyjuggles

babyjuggles New Member

G'day geerfree thanks for your reply. I was looking at some hybrids with disc brakes. I want to be able to stop in the wet. I am not sure if i want a road bike with a flat bar or something with durability as well like a Scott sportster 1. I know there are heaps of bikes out there that would do the job and probably for cheaper.

4. thejflo

thejflo New Member

I've been thinking about becoming a bicycle courier also - how did you go with this, babyjuggles?

I called Cargone Couriers, but he's just started the business and isn't hiring yet.. Greenlight claim not to have any bicycle couriers, despite saying the opposite on their website, but I'll keep hunting..