Bike E worth

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Gsquared, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Gsquared

    Gsquared Guest

    Anybody give me an idea what a brand new (demo model) BikeE RX recumbent might be worth? Not certain
    what model year it is, but it has a 27 spd gear box, high back sweet seat, and the recalls that were
    part of BikeE's fate have been addressed. The originl price tag said $1,699 which seems to be what
    the going retail sticker price was. Thanks...... gg

    Tags:

  2. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    The worth is offset by the fact the company closed. This is good news if you are a buyer. Bad news if you are a seller.

    Since BikeE's demise, it is not unusual to see them for $650 to $900. Do a search in Google for "BikeE RX for sale". This will give you an idea.

  3. Bri

    Bri Guest

    I paid $1050 for mine about 7 weeks ago, Some guy on this group told me that I shouldn't have paid
    more than $700. So far I think it's a great bike and very comfortable too.

    Gsquared wrote:

    > Anybody give me an idea what a brand new (demo model) BikeE RX recumbent might be worth? Not
    > certain what model year it is, but it has a 27 spd gear box, high back sweet seat, and the recalls
    > that were part of BikeE's fate have been addressed. The originl price tag said $1,699 which seems
    > to be what the going retail sticker price was. Thanks...... gg

  4. Drrecumbnt

    Drrecumbnt Guest

  5. Gene Cosloy

    Gene Cosloy Guest

    [email protected] (Gsquared) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anybody give me an idea what a brand new (demo model) BikeE RX recumbent might be worth? Not
    > certain what model year it is, but it has a 27 spd gear box, high back sweet seat, and the recalls
    > that were part of BikeE's fate have been addressed. The originl price tag said $1,699 which seems
    > to be what the going retail sticker price was. Thanks...... gg

    Right after BikeE went bust, a dealer in my local was prepared to sell me that model new for 990.00.
    I would think given it's demo status
    790.00 might be fair. I saw one privately for sale recently for that price. I have a used BikeE NX
    for sale if your interested. Originally listed for 2000.00, will sell for 1200.00 (this is a
    highly desirable rare and sought after model)

    Good luck, Gene

  6. Rodvdsn

    Rodvdsn Guest

    a few of these models have recently been advertised on e-bay.com & other 'bent site classified ads,
    they seem to be worth about $700 (yes dollars).

    If you have one here in the UK and are considering selling please let me know...........

  7. On 27 Jun 2003 14:40:42 GMT, [email protected] (DrRecumbnt) wrote:

    >For you folks who love your RX's, buy some spare parts while they're available. Bob Bryant
    >http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

    There's nothing on the page you link to which clearly refers to the issue you raise. Would you
    please be more specific?

    --
    Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston,
    THE COBRA EVENT.

  8. R.White

    R.White Guest

    bentcruiser <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Gsquared wrote:
    > > Anybody give me an idea what a brand new (demo model) BikeE RX recumbent might be worth?
    >

    > The worth is offset by the fact the company closed. This is good news if you are a buyer. Bad news
    > if you are a seller.

    I wouldn't bet on that.:)

    > Since BikeE's demise, it is not unusual to see them for $650 to $900. Do a search in
    > http://www.google.comGoogle for "BikeE RX for sale". This will give you an idea.

    That's what I thought too. CT's were regularly selling for $300-$340 on EBay, yet the last one sold
    went for $740! What's up with that?

    <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3612609560&category=2904

  9. On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:28:11 -0700, "Please invert everything left of the @ to reply"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >On 27 Jun 2003 14:40:42 GMT, [email protected] (DrRecumbnt) wrote:
    >
    >>For you folks who love your RX's, buy some spare parts while they're available. Bob Bryant
    >>http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com
    >
    >There's nothing on the page you link to which clearly refers to the issue you raise. Would you
    >please be more specific?

    The link is Bob's web page and part of his "signature," not specific to this post.

  10. Netnews

    Netnews Guest

    Bike E, not much "Gsquared" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anybody give me an idea what a brand new (demo model) BikeE RX recumbent might be worth? Not
    > certain what model year it is, but it has a 27 spd gear box, high back sweet seat, and the recalls
    > that were part of BikeE's fate have been addressed. The originl price tag said $1,699 which seems
    > to be what the going retail sticker price was. Thanks...... gg

  11. Drrecumbnt

    Drrecumbnt Guest

    I've written about BikeE in several issues since the company went under. I wrote a review of the RX
    after my using it as my full time bike for one season. We also have discussed who has replacement
    parts on more than one occasion.

    The bike has many proprietary parts. If it were me, I'd want one of every known weak point if I were
    planning to keep my RX for years. The exception might be the crank/mid-drive which would be replaced
    by a Schlumpf or SRAM Dual Drive, and you could even lighten the bike by removing the mid-drive.

    RCN is a print magazine. We have many free sample issues and articles on the web. The fact remains
    that we're a print publication (have been since 1990) and 80% of our revenue comes from subscribers.

    My signature includes our website URL link. Sorry I don't have any articles about spare parts
    readily available. This is on my list of articles to write. We did this for the Trek recumbent when
    it went out of production.

    Bob Bryant http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com