Bike Exchange - Help Please!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Saint, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Saint

Saint New Member

Hi All

I bought a very nice flat bar road bike on Friday last week from a shop in Liverpool (no names mentioned - they were extremely helpful so there's no criticism of them at all!)

The bike is technically fine but I made the schoolboy error of not thinking it through properly before I bought, whereas the one I should have bought was looking at me wistfully in the shop! The only problem is that it's fitted with the 'twist grip' shifters whereas I am used to the rapid fire type ones. To date I have literally only ridden it the length of the street I live in and realised that I hate them.

Question is - what is the usual policy from shops as for return/exchange?

I'm more than happy to go in with a pointy hat displaying a big 'D' and pay the extra to buy the one I should have - if they will let me of course.

I'm conscious that it will depend very much upon the individual shops but wondered if anyone could give me a view .

Cheers,

Saint

Tags:

2. drewjc

drewjc New Member

why not just exchange or buy the rapid fire units to use with the exisitng componentry of your new beast?

3. Saint

Saint New Member

Could do I suppose - guess I am just a bit of a believer in leaving things as they were originally. Don't really want to start messing about with it like that.

I guess they may have a specific policy on what they are prepared to exchange, if anything. Any other views would be welcome.

Saint