Bike Financing?

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Ken wrote:
> > [email protected] (Jay Smith) wrote in news:[email protected]:
> >> Thanks for all the info I think that the best thing for me to do is to either save the money
> >> (long process) or talk to a dealer about a lay-away program.
> >
> > How about talking to your parents? If you're a minor, I doubt a shop would loan the money to you
> > without your parents' guarantee anyway.
>

> I vote for layaway too... the neighborhood lbs let me my kid put a $200 shock on layaway when
> he was 12
>
> Penny

Has anyone here riden both the Trek LIquid 10 and the Giant VT? I just wish I could get the
giant instead

[email protected] (Jay Smith) wrote:

>I am in the market for a new bike. I have been looking at the Trek Liquid 10. Based on my research
>I have concluded that this is a bike that I would be very much interested in purchasing, the only
>problem is that I don't have $1800 to spend on a bike (not at once) so I was wondering if anyone
>knew of a retailer that has a financing plan on bike (excuse me if this all sounds absurd). Thanks
>for any info. Also does anyone have any opion of this bike. Thanks onec again.

I would seriously counsel you to put off this purchase. If you don't have the cash, you should wait
for the bike. Otherwise all the money you'd be using for lights and Camelbaks and new tires will be
going to pay interest on that $1800, and you'll end up with a LOT more invested in the bike.

The whole "credit thing" only really helps you once (the first time you use it when you get
something you can't really afford) - from then on it actually reduces the amount of cool stuff you
get to buy. That's not to say it's not appropriate sometimes (buying a house for example) but
consumer debt is a real loser - avoid it like a MV rant.

Let's be careful out there...

In article <awVua.787529$3D1.433540@sccrnsc01>, [email protected] says...

> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "determined" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:A%[email protected]...
> > >
> > > My bank won't let you get a checking account if you're under 18 either.
> > >

> > Damn dude,
>
> that's "dudette"

I think if you get a joint account with one of your parents they will let you. kind if a starter
account type of deal.
--
~Travis

travis57 at megalink dot net