Bike Fitter Perth WA, incl. cleat position

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by daraghm, Jan 4, 2008.

1. daraghm

daraghm New Member

Hello there,

Search facility down at time of writing, so apologies if this has been posted recently....

Looking for recommendations for a good bike fitter in Perth. Bought a new 48cm Orbea recently, I'm 168cm tall myself, but have developed a bit of pain in one of my knees, could be a bike fit thing, could me a too much too soon thing either (been a while between rides, 5 years in fact....). Inseam 76.5 cm, saddle height 68cm.....

Found a lot of stuff by Steve Hogg re. cleat position, my shoes (Northwave) only let my foot go as far forward as pedal spindle, might need new shoes to allow a bit of experimentation with that, also would love if someone in Perth could do a good cleat rotation analysis also......

Cheers,

Daragh.

Tags:

2. matt1

matt1 New Member

Make an appointment to see Damian Oldmedow at Physiotherepy Solutions in West Perth. He does a very good bike fit. Was involved at the AIS etc and knows his stuff

3. scirocco

scirocco New Member

Rick at Churchill Cycles in Marmion St near Garden City does a full Fit-Kit setup and has a lot of practical experience. Under $100 I think. Fit-kit may not be the be-all and end-all but if you're setting up a new bike you may as well get the basics right before going into the high-tech stuff.

Sure you've got your saddle high enough? Having it too low has always been the cause of any knee niggles I've had. Pedal spindles should line up with the ball of your foot (bony protrusion on the inside edge of your foot) - fairly easy to check against spindle position when clipped in.

4. gclark8

gclark8 New Member

All good advice. ;)

Also include Phil @ Runners World
    and Budgie @ Trysport.