bike fitting in nyc

fuzzylemon

May 27, 2010
I inherited a Fuji road bike. I'd like to have someone fit me to it. I don't race, i mostly like to do long weekend rides. Where can I go to get a decent fitting for around $50 or so?

fuzzylemon said:
I inherited a Fuji road bike. I'd like to have someone fit me to it. I don't race, i mostly like to do long weekend rides. Where can I go to get a decent fitting for around $50 or so?
Typically, you have the fitting BEFORE you acquire the bike ...

With the bike in hand, you should check one of the many on-line frame fitting guides -- e.g., The Colorado Cyclist :: Bicycle Parts and Accessories (this will probably get you 95%-to-99% of where a "professional" fitter will get you).

What vintage is the bike/frame?

What is the length of the top tube (c-c) & seat tube (c-c)?

What is the length of the stem?

Does the bike have 700c or 27" wheels?

AND, how tall are you?

I recommend you save the $50 on the fitting & spend it on a copy of ZINN AND THE ART OF ROAD BIKE MAINTENANCE from your local Barnes & Noble, Amazon, eBay, etc. (OR, you can probably borrow from your public library, first).

Don't know what they charge for a bike fitting, but the folks at Bicycle Habitat on Lafayette have always treated me well. I've bought two bikes from them, and both times they set me up perfectly. Just don't go on a weekend, when they're slammed.

Typically, you have the fitting BEFORE you acquire the bike ...

With the bike in hand, you should check one of the many on-line frame fitting guides -- e.g., The Colorado Cyclist :: Bicycle Parts and Accessories (this will probably get you 95%-to-99% of where a "professional" fitter will get you).

What vintage is the bike/frame?

What is the length of the top tube (c-c) & seat tube (c-c)?

What is the length of the stem?

Does the bike have 700c or 27" wheels?

AND, how tall are you?

I recommend you save the $50 on the fitting & spend it on a copy of ZINN AND THE ART OF ROAD BIKE MAINTENANCE from your local Barnes & Noble, Amazon, eBay, etc. (OR, you can probably borrow from your public library, first).

These do seem good. Will have to check it out. Read up and do it yourself.
"The Colorado Cyclists Bicycle Parts and Accessories" book
"Zinn and The Art of Road Bike Maintenance" book : best selling guide