Bike Florida- Beach Cruise, March 15-21

Gregg Fowler

Guest
Does anyone have any information on this ride or a link where I could get some information. My wife
and I have a break that week and would love to ride our tandem and pull our then 21 month old son in
a trailer. We found the ride doing a Google search looking for some ideas for our break. The
information is supposed to be on http://bikeflorida.org, but we haven't been able to access the web
site. Don't know if the site has been down the last couple of days or what. If anyone has a good
link or other information it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Gregg

Great ride but it is already over subscribed. I just checked the site - you got it right
bikeflorida.org - and it came right up.

There are rumors of a significant DOS attack on some major servers early today.

"Gregg Fowler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone have any information on this ride or a link where I could get some information. My
> wife and I have a break that week and would love to ride our tandem and pull our then 21 month old
> son in a trailer. We found the ride doing a Google search looking for some ideas for our break.
> The information is supposed to be on http://bikeflorida.org, but we haven't
been
> able to access the web site. Don't know if the site has been down the last couple of days or what.
> If anyone has a good link or other information it would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Gregg

Yep. See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42301-2003Jan25.html for an article on
the 'worm'.

"Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Great ride but it is already over subscribed. I just checked the site -
you
> got it right bikeflorida.org - and it came right up.
>
> There are rumors of a significant DOS attack on some major servers early today.
>

> "Gregg Fowler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Does anyone have any information on this ride or a link where I could
get
> > some information. My wife and I have a break that week and would love to ride our tandem and
> > pull our then 21 month old son in a trailer. We
found
> > the ride doing a Google search looking for some ideas for our break. The information is supposed
> > to be on http://bikeflorida.org, but we haven't
> been
> > able to access the web site. Don't know if the site has been down the
last
> > couple of days or what. If anyone has a good link or other information
it
> > would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks, Gregg

Yeah, we finally accessed the site and got the bad news that the ride was already filled. They
weren't even taking anymore on the waiting list. We are just going to camp at a State Park actually
near the start point and ride around the St. Augustine area. Sounds like it would have been a great
ride for a Tandem with kid trailer. Oh well, maybe next year. Thanks for the reply.

Gregg

"Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Yep. See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42301-2003Jan25.html for
an
> article on the 'worm'.
>

> "Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Great ride but it is already over subscribed. I just checked the site -
> you
> > got it right bikeflorida.org - and it came right up.
> >
> > There are rumors of a significant DOS attack on some major servers early today.
> >

> > "Gregg Fowler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Does anyone have any information on this ride or a link where I could
> get
> > > some information. My wife and I have a break that week and would love
> > > ride our tandem and pull our then 21 month old son in a trailer. We
> found
> > > the ride doing a Google search looking for some ideas for our break.
The
> > > information is supposed to be on http://bikeflorida.org, but we
haven't
> > been
> > > able to access the web site. Don't know if the site has been down the
> last
> > > couple of days or what. If anyone has a good link or other information
> it
> > > would be much appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks, Gregg

I do like BF. It makes a great early-in-the-year ride with few 'kids', good food, scenery and good
quality roads. The lack of hills could be compensated by more miles but...

If all goes well, we're riding from Charleston, SC to the BF start at Fernandina Beach on the ACA
route. Then ride BF to New Smyrna Beach and back to Charleston. ~1000 miles in three weeks. Oh
boy, oh boy.

"Gregg Fowler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yeah, we finally accessed the site and got the bad news that the ride was already filled. They
> weren't even taking anymore on the waiting list. We
are
> just going to camp at a State Park actually near the start point and ride around the St. Augustine
> area. Sounds like it would have been a great ride for a Tandem with kid trailer. Oh well, maybe
> next year. Thanks for the reply.
>
> Gregg
>
> "Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Yep. See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A42301-2003Jan25.html for
> an
> > article on the 'worm'.
> >

> > "Doug Huffman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Great ride but it is already over subscribed. I just checked the
site -
> > you
> > > got it right bikeflorida.org - and it came right up.
> > >
> > > There are rumors of a significant DOS attack on some major servers
early
> > > today.
> > >

> > > "Gregg Fowler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > get
> > found
> The
> haven't
> > > been
> > last
> > it

Sounds like you have compensated for the lack of miles in the Bike Florida Ride. Sounds like you
have a great ride scheduled. The ride for us looked good because the mileage wasn't so grand. Though
we used to individually ride many miles we have just been married three years are in our early
forties and have an 18 month old son. Our mileage has gone down substantially. The ride would have
been more suitable for our son as is. We would have had plenty of time for him to roam around. Even
though we won't be able to attend the ride because it is booked we do have reservations for a week
at Anastasia State Recreation Area and will do several day rides from that location. We are familiar
with the area as we spent New Years in the area three years ago. Hope you enjoy your ride.

Gregg