Bike Florida

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bent4me, Feb 19, 2003.

  1. Bent4me

    Bent4me Guest

    How many Benters are heading down to warm Florida for this event? After such a harsh winter with 2
    feet of snow in my backyard this will be a welcome easy start to this years riding. Can't wait to
    KEEP RIDING. Marty Englishtown, NJ Stratus 00 Rocket 01

    Tags:

  2. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    bent4me wrote:
    > How many Benters are heading down to warm Florida for this event? After such a harsh winter with 2
    > feet of snow in my backyard this will be a welcome easy start to this years riding. Can't wait to
    > KEEP RIDING. Marty Englishtown, NJ Stratus 00 Rocket 01

    I'll be there on my GTO.

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

  3. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    March 8 I leave Seabrook Is., SC and hope to be in Fernandina Beach. FL in time to catch BF. I'll be
    with two up-wrongs and we'll all be self-supported/camping for the trip down and back. We're
    discussing taking a bit of a vacation and letting BF tote our baggage for the week. Then we'll ride
    home from New Smyrna Beach. We expect 1300 miles in three easy weeks.

    I ride a Longbikes' Vanguard and BOB. This'll be my third BF.

    "bent4me" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > How many Benters are heading down to warm Florida for this event? After such a harsh winter with 2
    > feet of snow in my backyard this will be a welcome easy start to this years riding. Can't wait to
    > KEEP RIDING. Marty Englishtown, NJ Stratus 00 Rocket 01

  4. For conversation starters, ask participants if they were on Bike Florida 5. My husband, Lep and I
    were married during the talent show. Still going strong. He was the only one with a recumbent at
    that time, but now we're 'bent all the way. Have fun. Bike Florida is an easy trip. Easy, easy.
    Perry bentcajungirl

  5. Chere

    Chere Guest

    I on my GRR will be there as will husband Don on his TE. We are too old and set in our ways to sleep
    on the ground so have opted for motels but hopefully not-too-old to go the distance.

    Sight-seeing from Amelia Island to New Smyrna Beach from a 'bent.... wow!

    I will admit I sometimes have a case of cold feet about pedaling 300 miles. .. sounds like an awful
    lot. Hope I can cut the mustard!

    Chere Sanibel, FL

  6. Chere

    Chere Guest

    "My husband, Lep and I were married during the talent show. " Wow...how cool is that??? Thanks for
    the tip and encouragement. Perhaps our paths will cross somewhere along the trail. Chere

  7. wrmann

    wrmann Guest

    On 19 Feb 2003 12:43:01 -0800, [email protected] (bent4me) wrote:

    >How many Benters are heading down to warm Florida for this event?

    I'll be there on my TE. Two friends will be on bents too. Donna on her trike and Bill on a LWB
    something. Look for us at the "Little Yellow School Bus" We've done BF several times.

    Bill Norcross, GA

  8. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    Donna P. D.? Bill D's better half? On her new Greenspeed? I got to try-ride it on CNC after my bike
    was damaged. We'll be a great group that is diverse and experienced.