Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

bike for a beginning rider

Started by tmackinator · · Last activity · 2 posts · 735 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
21 August 2006
Last activity
21 August 2006
Original author
tmackinator
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
735
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi My girlfried is starting to ride and I was looking for some advice on a good bike for her. I have a lead on a older Peugeot 12 sp road bike with a 19 inch frame ( she is about 5'6" and feels more at ease on a smaller frame) straight bars and a ladies large gel seat, 32-630 tires, center pull brakes and average components. She has been riding a very low end mountian/road bike but it is just too small and she is a better rider than the bike is good. Comfort is important. Any opinions or suggestions are most welcome. Thanks, Tom M

  2. tmackinator said:

    Hi My girlfried is starting to ride and I was looking for some advice on a good bike for her. I have a lead on a older Peugeot 12 sp road bike with a 19 inch frame ( she is about 5'6" and feels more at ease on a smaller frame) straight bars and a ladies large gel seat, 32-630 tires, center pull brakes and average components. She has been riding a very low end mountian/road bike but it is just too small and she is a better rider than the bike is good. Comfort is important. Any opinions or suggestions are most welcome. Thanks, Tom M

    Depending on budget, you might be interested in the following (all have 700 tires:
    Trek 7.3 FX
    Trek 7300
    Trek 7.5 FX
    Trek 7500
    Gary Fisher Zebrano
    Giant Cypress
    Cannondale Adventure 400
    Specialized Crossroads Sport
    Cannondale Road Warrior 400
    Specialized Sirrus Sport

    If you are interested in 26" tires:
    Giant Sedona

    I found the Trek 7300/7500 more on the "comfort" side than on the performance side. The Trek 7.3 and 7.5 were more "performance" though still comfortable.

    I was sort of in the same boat not too long ago, looking for a hybrid bike. I ended up looking at the Cannondale Road Warrior 500 and the Specialized Sirrus Comp. I bought the Cannondale and love it.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.