Bike for Christmas..Schwinn SS reviews?

niftyshifty

Aug 19, 2009
I'm trying to find a good bike for my boyfriend for christmas that is favorable to his likings and my wallet..his Peugeot is ready to kick the bucket. I've found quite a few on craigslist that I think he would like (he is a little picky - prefers 80's steel frames and down-tube shifters) but I'm not too sure about the bikes themselves. One is a Schwinn Super Sport. I am still waiting to hear back from the seller about the year the frame was made, but from the looks of it I'm willing to guess late 80's-early 90's. I've read a few reviews on the bikes and see good things. It is being sold for $120, has good original paint and full Shimano 600 groupo.
I personally fell in love for the price, the perfect size for my boyfriend, and the fact that its pink...yeah, pink. :rolleyes:

Me and a bike-freak-friend of mine are going halfsies on a bike for him, so I'm not sure if I should throw all my eggs in this basket or wait for a better one to show up. I'm just afraid I won't be able to find another good sized and well working bike in time. Any suggestions?