bike for gf.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by n2t, May 11, 2007.

1. n2t

n2t New Member

My gf wants a bike to ride around with me. Just something she can take down rough trails or something. What's everyones opinion on the Huffy Stalker dual suspension? It's available at the local Base Exchange and I've found nothing on it. Thanks in advance.

Tags:

2. JM01

JM01 New Member

Its your typical dept store bike...OK for light trail riding...may not shift as well as some, but at the price, its a basic bike...a bit heavy and doesn't climb very well

just don't do any big hits...it can be a bit fragile

Any good used bikes in your area?

3. n2t

n2t New Member

not a one. We have three lbs localy, scheels who only carries trek, one LBS that is run by an old lady who only carries cruisers and maybe a single road bike, and one that has nothing under 600 bucks and makes their money renting out bikes so doesn't really care about selling anything. I have very few options, so we're saving up for a motobecane from bikesdirect so she can go riding with me.

4. JM01

JM01 New Member

why not a Trek hardtail?...even the opening price point will be better than the Huffy.

Everyone in our family started on inexpensive hardtails and traded up as our skills improved. The good thing about the Treks is that the geometry (and most frames) is the same for all of their models

Happy trails

5. n2t

n2t New Member

well the gf knows she wants full suspension and knows she wants a road bike to ride around town with me. So a trek hardtail doesn't really suit either of those needs. She also wants a pink bike which trek doesn't make. There is a pink motobecane road bike though so that's probably what she's going with first after that we'll see what there is in a full suspension mtb for 1k or so.

6. JM01

JM01 New Member

good luck...my wife went through several trail bikes before she found a keeper...hated the Kona Fire Mountain and Fuji Panic Pro...still has her Miele Motion rigid mtb, but will never part with her Santa Cruz Blur, a match made in heaven

Why do girl's like pink???...my daughter is renovating her house...wears a pink tool belt, swings a pink hammer, and measures with a rhinestone covered mesuring tape

:rolleyes:

some of wifey's bikes:

7. n2t

n2t New Member

Lol hey you know I used to complain about the same thing, why pink. Then I saw all these guys wearing skin tight spandex shorts. You know, I got nothin. Me? I've put about 100 miles on my walmart bike so I can't complain.

8. JM01

JM01 New Member

Its a good thing gone bad...my little kid is painting her white Vespa pink this year

Jeez