Bike for shorter person?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jamie, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie

Jamie Guest

Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with a 29" inseam and he's
    looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you know what I mean.So
    any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's WSD design . Help the
    tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks

Tags:

2. Jamie wrote:
    > Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with a 29" inseam and he's
    > looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you know what I mean.So
    > any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's WSD design . Help the
    > tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks
    >
    >

Titus (www.titusti.com) makes some very small full suspension frames... check the Racer-x and the
    loco moto.

Jon "Commander" Bond

3. Carla A-G

Carla A-G Guest

"Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with
    a
    > 29" inseam and he's looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you
    > know what I mean.So any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's
    > WSD design . Help the tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks

Check your email.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

4. Tbf

Tbf Guest

get sized at www.wrenchscience.com

a
    > 29" inseam and he's looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you
    > know what I mean.So any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's

5. Per LöWdin

Per LöWdin Guest

My wife is 5 feet. Rides a Klein hardtail XS
    http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTBruntUppsala/bilder/nasten2.jpg and a full suspension Titus
    Racer-X also XS http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTBruntUppsala/bilder/mtb020004.JPG No women
    specific parts, perfect fit. She is very happy with both bikes.

Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTB.html

"Jamie" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet news:[email protected]...
    a

6. Gary In Va

Gary In Va Guest

a

My Ventana Pantera (17") has a standover of 26.7". Check it out at:

http://www.ventanausa.com/frameone.shtml

Gary in VA

7. Bomba

Bomba Guest

Jamie wrote:
    > Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with a 29" inseam and he's
    > looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you know what I mean.So
    > any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's WSD design . Help the
    > tax check is coming and he wanting a bike?

I've got a 30" inseam and sizing isn't a problem for me by any stretch of the imagination. I'm
    currently riding a 17" HT with tons of clearance. There shouldn't be any need to go to a women's
    design, just look for something around a 16" with a sloping top tube. Kona's and Specialized's are
    potential targets.

8. Penny S.

Penny S. Guest

Jamie wrote:
    > tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks

Kona ( go ahead and laugh, JD) Be wary of the WSD design, they are for (women) people with a really
    specific set of body proportions.

Or consider custom.

penny s ( 5'-3")

9. Jd

Jd Guest

"TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > get sized at www.wrenchscience.com

So that's it, you have "little man" syndrome. Another common thread between you, frightpig, duhski
    and anonymous troll.

JD

10. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > get sized at www.wrenchscience.com
    >
    > So that's it, you have "little man" syndrome. Another common thread between you, frightpig, duhski
    > and anonymous troll.
    >
    > JD

Gee - help me JD puleeeze! I'm only 3`4" and this makes me stupid in the head and a twat and it
    makes me hate everybody! What can I do about it?

Shaun aRe

11. Westie

Westie Guest

a
    >
    >

I'm like a 30' inseam and my 16.5" 03' Giant NRS is just fine. Some of the V bars like the
    Cannondales and Haro's might be worth a look. I loved the V frame on my old Haro. I think that he
    should go with his gut feeling. Try them out and if it feels good, go with it.

If you're worried about it being snug against the groin when standing astride the top tube then let
    me tell you that when you're actually out there riding there are plenty of other things to worry
    about than groin clearance when both feet are on the ground. There are a millions ways to stuff up
    frame/groin clearance and that tis' but one...

Westie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.