Bike for shorter person?

Jamie

Guest
Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with a 29" inseam and he's
looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you know what I mean.So
any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's WSD design . Help the
tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks

Jamie wrote:
> Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with a 29" inseam and he's
> looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you know what I mean.So
> any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's WSD design . Help the
> tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks

Titus (www.titusti.com) makes some very small full suspension frames... check the Racer-x and the
loco moto.

Jon "Commander" Bond

"Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:iVVZ9.85981$6G4.11563@sccrnsc02...
> Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with
> 29" inseam and he's looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you
> know what I mean.So any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's
> WSD design . Help the tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks

Check your email.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

get sized at www.wrenchscience.com

"Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:iVVZ9.85981$6G4.11563@sccrnsc02...
> Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with
> 29" inseam and he's looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you
> know what I mean.So any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's
> WSD design . Help the tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks

My wife is 5 feet. Rides a Klein hardtail XS
http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTBruntUppsala/bilder/nasten2.jpg and a full suspension Titus
Racer-X also XS http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTBruntUppsala/bilder/mtb020004.JPG No women
specific parts, perfect fit. She is very happy with both bikes.

Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/fu99/MTB.html

"Jamie" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet news:iVVZ9.85981$6G4.11563@sccrnsc02...
> Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with
> 29" inseam and he's looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you
> know what I mean.So any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's
> WSD design . Help the tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks

"Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:iVVZ9.85981$6G4.11563@sccrnsc02...
> Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with
> 29" inseam and he's looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you
> know what I mean.So any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's
> WSD design . Help the tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks

My Ventana Pantera (17") has a standover of 26.7". Check it out at:

http://www.ventanausa.com/frameone.shtml

Gary in VA

Jamie wrote:
> Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with a 29" inseam and he's
> looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you know what I mean.So
> any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's WSD design . Help the
> tax check is coming and he wanting a bike?

I've got a 30" inseam and sizing isn't a problem for me by any stretch of the imagination. I'm
currently riding a 17" HT with tons of clearance. There shouldn't be any need to go to a women's
design, just look for something around a 16" with a sloping top tube. Kona's and Specialized's are
potential targets.

Jamie wrote:
> Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with a 29" inseam and he's
> looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you know what I mean.So
> any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's WSD design . Help the
> tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks

Kona ( go ahead and laugh, JD) Be wary of the WSD design, they are for (women) people with a really
specific set of body proportions.

Or consider custom.

penny s ( 5'-3")

JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "TBF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > get sized at www.wrenchscience.com
>
> So that's it, you have "little man" syndrome. Another common thread between you, frightpig, duhski
> and anonymous troll.
>
> JD

Gee - help me JD puleeeze! I'm only 3`4" and this makes me stupid in the head and a **** and it
makes me hate everybody! What can I do about it?

Shaun aRe

"Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:iVVZ9.85981$6G4.11563@sccrnsc02...
> Well thought Id try here for some suggestions on a Mtn bike for a guy with
> 29" inseam and he's looking for a good FS bike .The Trek Fuel in a 15'5 frame is still snug if you
> know what I mean.So any shorter people what are you riding ,Thinking of looking into the Women's
> WSD design . Help the tax check is coming and he wanting a bike? Thanks

I'm like a 30' inseam and my 16.5" 03' Giant NRS is just fine. Some of the V bars like the
Cannondales and Haro's might be worth a look. I loved the V frame on my old Haro. I think that he
should go with his gut feeling. Try them out and if it feels good, go with it.

If you're worried about it being snug against the groin when standing astride the top tube then let
me tell you that when you're actually out there riding there are plenty of other things to worry
about than groin clearance when both feet are on the ground. There are a millions ways to stuff up
frame/groin clearance and that tis' but one...

Westie