Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Bike for SWMBO

Started by Adam · · Last activity · 3 posts · 410 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
9 December 2004
Last activity
10 December 2004
Original author
Adam
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
410
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi again all,

    Well, as you may remember I've been asking advice on a bike for my
    partner for a while. Despite the hectic schedule at the moment we've
    managed to narrow the field down a little and try out two bikes (so
    far), and I wanted to gauge your opinion, if that's OK...

    Tried the Specialized FSR XC and the Cannondale Jekyll Feminine (I was
    a bit trepidous about admitting that we'd considered a Crack-and-fail
    to this group, but what the hell...). Test rides have been restricted
    so far to fit - nothing too serious, just seeing what she thinks about
    the feel, the turning circle and the reach. Results so far: she thinks
    the FSR is 'OK' and she loves the Jekyll. Still to try: one of the
    Marin Quads in a 15.5" (I had been told that they were pretty long,
    but the 15.5" is apparently 10mm shorter in the TT than the Jekyll,
    and that's a bloke's bike).

    Given that the rider is light and not into serious bike abuse (yet)
    will the Cannondale be OK, or is it still a poor choice even if it
    feels right?

    Thanks again in anticipation of more sound advice. I know it might be
    a bit masochistic, but I'd particularly like to hear from JD and Pete
    Fagerlin on this - not that I'm intimating that they're outspoken in
    any way!

    Cheers - Adam...

  2. On 2004-12-09, Adam penned:

    Quoted message said:

    Results so far: she thinks the FSR is 'OK' and she loves the Jekyll.
    Still to try: one of the Marin Quads in a 15.5" (I had been told that
    they were pretty long, but the 15.5" is apparently 10mm shorter in the
    TT than the Jekyll, and that's a bloke's bike).

    Is it at all possible for you to find a place where you can rent these bikes
    and take them out on the trail for a day?

    Don't worry about whether a bike is designated as men's or women's; if it
    fits, it fits. Those designations are generalities.

    --
    monique

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain

  3. "Adam" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    "SWMBO" = Some Woamn Mit Body Odour, right?!?!?...I must have that one
    wrong...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi again all,

    Well, as you may remember...

    "...me from such popular shows as..."...

    Quoted message said:

    I've been asking advice on a bike for my
    partner for a while. Despite the hectic schedule at the moment we've
    managed to narrow the field down a little and try out two bikes (so
    far), and I wanted to gauge your opinion, if that's OK...

    Tried the Specialized FSR XC and the Cannondale Jekyll Feminine (I was
    a bit trepidous about admitting that we'd considered a Crack-and-fail
    to this group, but what the hell...). Test rides have been restricted
    so far to fit - nothing too serious, just seeing what she thinks about
    the feel, the turning circle and the reach. Results so far: she thinks
    the FSR is 'OK' and she loves the Jekyll. Still to try: one of the
    Marin Quads in a 15.5" (I had been told that they were pretty long,
    but the 15.5" is apparently 10mm shorter in the TT than the Jekyll,
    and that's a bloke's bike).

    Given that the rider is light and not into serious bike abuse (yet)
    will the Cannondale be OK, or is it still a poor choice even if it
    feels right?

    Thanks again in anticipation of more sound advice. I know it might be
    a bit masochistic, but I'd particularly like to hear from JD and Pete
    Fagerlin on this - not that I'm intimating that they're outspoken in
    any way!

    Yeah, sorry - myself, I don't actually have any advice for ya/anything
    useful at all to say, I uhhmm...guess ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.