Bike for SWMBO

Adam

Guest
Hi again all,

Well, as you may remember I've been asking advice on a bike for my
partner for a while. Despite the hectic schedule at the moment we've
managed to narrow the field down a little and try out two bikes (so
far), and I wanted to gauge your opinion, if that's OK...

Tried the Specialized FSR XC and the Cannondale Jekyll Feminine (I was
a bit trepidous about admitting that we'd considered a Crack-and-fail
to this group, but what the hell...). Test rides have been restricted
so far to fit - nothing too serious, just seeing what she thinks about
the feel, the turning circle and the reach. Results so far: she thinks
the FSR is 'OK' and she loves the Jekyll. Still to try: one of the
Marin Quads in a 15.5" (I had been told that they were pretty long,
but the 15.5" is apparently 10mm shorter in the TT than the Jekyll,
and that's a bloke's bike).

Given that the rider is light and not into serious bike abuse (yet)
will the Cannondale be OK, or is it still a poor choice even if it
feels right?

Thanks again in anticipation of more sound advice. I know it might be
a bit masochistic, but I'd particularly like to hear from JD and Pete
Fagerlin on this - not that I'm intimating that they're outspoken in
any way!

Cheers - Adam...

On 2004-12-09, Adam penned:
> Results so far: she thinks the FSR is 'OK' and she loves the Jekyll.
> Still to try: one of the Marin Quads in a 15.5" (I had been told that
> they were pretty long, but the 15.5" is apparently 10mm shorter in the
> TT than the Jekyll, and that's a bloke's bike).

Is it at all possible for you to find a place where you can rent these bikes
and take them out on the trail for a day?

Don't worry about whether a bike is designated as men's or women's; if it
fits, it fits. Those designations are generalities.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

"Adam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

"SWMBO" = Some Woamn Mit Body Odour, right?!?!?...I must have that one
wrong...

> Hi again all,
>
> Well, as you may remember...

"...me from such popular shows as..."...

> I've been asking advice on a bike for my
> partner for a while. Despite the hectic schedule at the moment we've
> managed to narrow the field down a little and try out two bikes (so
> far), and I wanted to gauge your opinion, if that's OK...
>
> Tried the Specialized FSR XC and the Cannondale Jekyll Feminine (I was
> a bit trepidous about admitting that we'd considered a Crack-and-fail
> to this group, but what the hell...). Test rides have been restricted
> so far to fit - nothing too serious, just seeing what she thinks about
> the feel, the turning circle and the reach. Results so far: she thinks
> the FSR is 'OK' and she loves the Jekyll. Still to try: one of the
> Marin Quads in a 15.5" (I had been told that they were pretty long,
> but the 15.5" is apparently 10mm shorter in the TT than the Jekyll,
> and that's a bloke's bike).
>
> Given that the rider is light and not into serious bike abuse (yet)
> will the Cannondale be OK, or is it still a poor choice even if it
> feels right?
>
> Thanks again in anticipation of more sound advice. I know it might be
> a bit masochistic, but I'd particularly like to hear from JD and Pete
> Fagerlin on this - not that I'm intimating that they're outspoken in
> any way!

Yeah, sorry - myself, I don't actually have any advice for ya/anything
useful at all to say, I uhhmm...guess ',;~}~

Shaun aRe