Bike for the beach

Vuela Poclo

Guest
I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of sand
and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?

Vuela

x-no-archive:yes

> I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of sand
> and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?
>
> Vuela

Bianchi has a nice beach cruiser. http://www.bianchiusa.com/site/bikes/44_Milano.html

It has internal gears so you don't have to worry about derailleurs getting sand inside.

Pat in TX

> I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of sand
> and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?

Disposable.

| I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of sand
| and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?

Just buy a cheap Electra cruiser.

If you want to be "cool", you can get rid of the headset and buy a chainlink-made (hardened)
headset. Buy some fuzzy dice to hang from the
middle. Buy some of those cap-covering skulls (for your tire valves, etc). Grease back your hair (if
you have any) and put on some bulky early-90's gangster sunglasses...and ride...

Wow flash back 1969 winter rides in the surf. If I was doing that today I would use a one speed with
a coaster brake. Their sold in places like WalMart,TOYSRUS,Target,Benny's, ect. And after each and
every ride wash it or hose it down.

Fire up MTB 03

> I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of sand
> and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?
>
> Vuela

Obviously, a beach cruiser...:)

Pete

"Greg P." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> | I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of
> | sand and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?
>
> Just buy a cheap Electra cruiser.
>
> If you want to be "cool", you can get rid of the headset and buy a chainlink-made (hardened)
> headset. Buy some fuzzy dice to hang from the
> middle. Buy some of those cap-covering skulls (for your tire valves, etc). Grease back your hair
> (if you have any) and put on some bulky early-90's gangster sunglasses...and ride...

Wow, that sounds like so much fun :p