Bike for the beach

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Vuela Poclo, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Vuela Poclo

    Vuela Poclo Guest

    I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of sand
    and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?

    Vuela

    Tags:

  2. Pat

    Pat Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    > I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of sand
    > and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?
    >
    > Vuela

    Bianchi has a nice beach cruiser. http://www.bianchiusa.com/site/bikes/44_Milano.html

    It has internal gears so you don't have to worry about derailleurs getting sand inside.

    Pat in TX

  3. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of sand
    > and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?

    Disposable.

  4. Greg P.

    Greg P. Guest

    | I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of sand
    | and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?

    Just buy a cheap Electra cruiser.

    If you want to be "cool", you can get rid of the headset and buy a chainlink-made (hardened)
    headset. Buy some fuzzy dice to hang from the
    middle. Buy some of those cap-covering skulls (for your tire valves, etc). Grease back your hair (if
    you have any) and put on some bulky early-90's gangster sunglasses...and ride...

  5. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Wow flash back 1969 winter rides in the surf. If I was doing that today I would use a one speed with
    a coaster brake. Their sold in places like WalMart,TOYSRUS,Target,Benny's, ect. And after each and
    every ride wash it or hose it down.

    Fire up MTB 03

  6. Pete

    Pete Guest

    > I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of sand
    > and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?
    >
    > Vuela

    Obviously, a beach cruiser...:)

    Pete

  7. Jason

    Jason Guest

    "Greg P." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of
    > | sand and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?
    >
    > Just buy a cheap Electra cruiser.
    >
    > If you want to be "cool", you can get rid of the headset and buy a chainlink-made (hardened)
    > headset. Buy some fuzzy dice to hang from the
    > middle. Buy some of those cap-covering skulls (for your tire valves, etc). Grease back your hair
    > (if you have any) and put on some bulky early-90's gangster sunglasses...and ride...

    Wow, that sounds like so much fun :p

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Greg P." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | I am planning to buy a bike mainly to ride in the beach, so the bike will be getting lots of
    > | sand and salt water. What should the bike specifications be, please?
    >
    > Just buy a cheap Electra cruiser.

    Electras are not all that cheap, though I agree with the cruiser consensus.

    JD owns 4 cruisers