Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Bike for Triathlon

Started by Bengal7 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,584 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
25 March 2010
Last activity
25 March 2010
Original author
Bengal7
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,584
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am looking to add a bike for a half-ironman I hope to complete in April. Currently I have trek 5000 roadbike, but I think I'd like to add a tri-bike. Can anyone advise what they think is a better bike from these three:

    $895 NEW
    Save up to 60% off new Triathlon Bikes - Motobecane 2010 Nemesis

    $1100 USED (This is the ad off Craigs list)
    [I]I bought this new in 2006 to race triathalons and no I am switching sports ..... 57 cm Specialized Robiaux Comp Road bike, all components upgraded with shimano ultegras , clip in pedals and training toe in pedals, new tires before last race. LIGHT BIKE! 4200.00 brand new, IM ONLY SELLING THIS BECAUSE IM DONE RIDING ROAD AND WANT A MOUNTAIN BIKE !!

    $500 USED (Ad from Craigs List)
    Javelin Tri-Bike, 59cm Frame , Just over a year old


    Javelin ‘Sizzano’ For Sale. The Sizzano is Javelin’s entry level Tri-Bike that retailed for $1200.00. This is a true Tri-bike with aggressive geometry and built around the Shimano 105 series components (36 x 50 teeth crankset). PRICE: $500.00

    Bike Includes:
    Fork: Zero Aero Carbon 1 1/8 Alloy Steer Tube
    Headset: FSA Orbit DL 1 1/8
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 9speed
    Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 9speed
    Shift Levers: Shimano Dura Ace Bar End
    Brake Levers: TektroRX 4.0
    Brake Calipers: Tektro423 AG
    Bottom Bracket: RPM ISIS 9400AL
    Crankset: RPM 36/50 CassetteSram12-25 9speed
    Chain: KMC 9 Speed
    Wheelset: Alex DR13 32-hole w/ Sealed Hubs
    Tires: Continental Ultra Gatorskin (700x23)
    Handlebar: Oval R700 Cow horn w/ Oval Slam Clip-on’s
    Bar Tape: Cinelli Cork Ribbon
    Stem: Oval R300
    Seatpost: Kalloy27.2
    Saddle: Selle Italia Onda
    Pedals: Look KEO Classic
    Waterbottle Cages: XLAB Mini-wing (Rear Saddle mount System)

  2. I opted for the Javelin Tri-Bike, 59cm Frame Picked it up for $450. I think it was the wiser choice since I am an aged newbie Half-Ironman beginner. The bike is clean, feels good, and I think I got a good deal. Any opinions?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.