Bike Forums-CLOSED

sentinel4675

Mar 28, 2006
Idon't know how many on here also frequent the Bike Forums site like me. I don't know what happened today, but the site not has a message saying it is closed due to server problems. Anyone know what exactly is up with the site?

Heh, just be patient, it'll be back up. Probably a server upgrade or databse maintenance that's simply taking longer than usual.

"The forums are closed. No ETA. Lots of database issues to deal with. Go ride your bike. :) - Joe"

Sort of sounds pretty serious to me.

sentinel4675 said:
"The forums are closed. No ETA. Lots of database issues to deal with. Go ride your bike. :) - Joe"

Sort of sounds pretty serious to me.

Your addicted to Bike Forums! :D

The site went down last night. Patience is the key.

sfend002 said:
You mean there is another cycling forum?.....
http://www.bikeforums.net/

much busier than this one, which I used to think was a good thing, but now I'm not too sure :)

Bike Forums has been acting up since they swithced servers about a month ago. I have to keep logging on every couple of minutes, which is obviously a pain

there's also the Serotta forum: http://www.serotta.com/forum/index.php?

and:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB2/
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/

ahh bike forums...the good ole days. not really, All that happens there is a bunch of mid life crisis old farts with too much money and time on there hands argue whether they should upgrade this upgrade that, buy this or buy that, do you like my wheels? which frame is the lightest, aero over weight, my **** hurts, im fat :(, who actually rides there bike?...Whereas at cylingforums we have the cycling TRAINING forum, power TRAINING forum, of course a tech corner, a road racing forum etc etc which tends to breed more "active" participants of cycling.

Of course at BIKEFORUMS they all have very well trained bank cards.

ahh bike forums...the good ole days. not really, All that happens there is a bunch of mid life crisis old farts with too much money and time on there hands argue whether they should upgrade this upgrade that, buy this or buy that, do you like my wheels? which frame is the lightest, aero over weight, my **** hurts, im fat :(, who actually rides there bike?...Whereas at cylingforums we have the cycling TRAINING forum, power TRAINING forum, of course a tech corner, a road racing forum etc etc which tends to breed more "active" participants of cycling.

Of course at BIKEFORUMS they all have very well trained bank cards.

dm69 said:
ahh bike forums...the good ole days. not really, All that happens there is a bunch of mid life crisis old farts with too much money and time on there hands argue whether they should upgrade this upgrade that, buy this or buy that, do you like my wheels? which frame is the lightest, aero over weight, my **** hurts, im fat :(, who actually rides there bike?...Whereas at cylingforums we have the cycling TRAINING forum, power TRAINING forum, of course a tech corner, a road racing forum etc etc which tends to breed more "active" participants of cycling..
you might have a point..................then we see their bikes, and they ride their $10,000 bikes with fully loaded saddle bags, and handle bars higher than the saddle.

To be fair, Bike Forums does have training, racing, etc, forums.

dm69 said:
ahh bike forums...the good ole days. not really, All that happens there is a bunch of mid life crisis old farts with too much money and time on there hands argue whether they should upgrade this upgrade that, buy this or buy that, do you like my wheels? which frame is the lightest, aero over weight, my **** hurts, im fat :(, who actually rides there bike?...Whereas at cylingforums we have the cycling TRAINING forum, power TRAINING forum, of course a tech corner, a road racing forum etc etc which tends to breed more "active" participants of cycling..
you might have a point..................then we see their bikes, and they ride their $10,000 bikes with fully loaded saddle bags, and handle bars higher than the saddle.

To be fair, Bike Forums does have training, racing, etc, forums.

Fat Hack said:
Wow, I'm a member of Bike Forums too, does that mean I can sell my 16 year old, rigid fork mountain bike for half what you say it's worth? Cool!!! Just send me $5000 and I'll send you the bike.