Bike frame size....how big for you?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by ac29593, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. ac29593

    ac29593 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2003
    Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.

    Just curious.

    Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.

    Tags:

  2. Rich Clark

    Rich Clark Guest

    "ac29593" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.
    >

    > Just curious.

    Why? There is no direct relationship between rider height and optimal frame size.

    RichC

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    height: six feet

    inseam: 90.5 cm crank arm length: 175 mm

    frame size: 59 cm measured center to center

    Hope it helps.

    ac29593 wrote:

    > Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.
    >
    > Just curious.
    >
    > Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.

  4. B

    B Guest

    5'7 standover 80cm crankarm 170mm frame 1 .54 c - c
    2. 54 c - t B

    (remove clothes to reply)

  5. G Huang

    G Huang Guest

    ac29593 wrote:
    > Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.
    >

    > Just curious.
    >

    > Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.

    5'10" Bikes, One 54cm and the other 58cm, ctr to top.

    I think 52cm would be a bit too small for me unless it's a "compact" frame.

  6. Mark

    Mark Guest

    "ac29593" wrote
    > Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.
    >

    > Just curious.
    >

    > Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.

    5'9", inner leg length 86 cm, road frame 58 cm c-c, ATB frame 50 cm c-c
    --
    mark

  7. Harris

    Harris Guest

    "ac29593" wrote:
    > Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.

    Height: 6' 3" Inseam: 35.5" Bike #1: 63 cm c-c Bike #2: 62 cm c-c

    Art Harris

  8. Mymacv

    Mymacv Guest

    >Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.

    Bottom bracket height is another factor to take into account. A larger frame can have the same
    standover as a smaller one that has a higher bottom bracket [or less BB drop]. John

  9. ac29593

    ac29593 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2003
    Thanks for the response guys.

    The reason I was asking is because I bought my first road bike the other day, and wanted to make sure it was the right size.

    The people at the shop told me it was a good size for me, but they could have just wanted to sell me the thing....never know.

    Anyway, I tested the same model in the 54 cm and 56 cm version and this one seemed most comfortable to me, that is why I bought it.

    It just seems a bit small in theory, because I am of avg. height and the bike is one of the smallest ones they make. The only other option smaller I had was a 50 cm.

    The bike is a Felt Racing F65 model.

    I love how it rides, but just wanted to make sure I got the correct size. I seem very comfortable, but like I said, this is my first bike, and I might not be in the proper position and I dont know what to compare this to.

    When I was watching the Tour on TV the other day, I noticed a lot of people had very high seat posts, and some didnt. I guess that means that the frame size doesnt matter and you have to buy whatever feels comfortable to you.

    My legs are almost at lockout when they are fully extended, I have to get on my tip-toes to sit on the bike, but when I straddle the bike I have plenty of room. The smaller frame seems much more easy to handle and I feel safer on it when hitting high speeds.

    I just wanted some of the opinions from you guys at any rate, just to see if I was the only one that feels the smaller frame size is more comfortable.

    I have already taken the bike on rides of 25 miles, and I had no pains or muscle aches and felt great the whole time. The bike doesnt rock when I am peddling....it stays perfectly straight.

    Just pretty hyped up right now because I finally made the purchase, and love it.

    Thanks again.

    Any more opinions would be great to hear.

  10. Brian Hughes

    Brian Hughes Guest

    > Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.

    I'm 5'7", with a 30" inseam and also ride a 52 cm frame (Cannondale). I debated between the 52 cm
    and a 50 cm frame, but the 50 cm was just a little bit too small.

    Brian

  11. Archer

    Archer Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, usenet- [email protected] says...
    > Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.
    >

    > Just curious.
    >

    > Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.

    6' 0", 32-inch inseam, 58cm frame.

    it's morning".

  12. ac29593 wrote:
    > Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.
    >
    > Just curious.
    >
    > Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.

    6'3, 35" inseam, 60cm frame (Trek 1000)

    --
    Robert Hampton Genesis POS http://www.genesispos.com
    (866) 942-8813 Voice

  13. 5' 10 1/2" road: 56 cm, 56 cm, 56 cm, and 58 cm mtb: 18 1/2"

    On 13 Jul 2003 08:30:20 +0950, ac29593 <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Post how tall you are and what size frame your bike is please.
    >

    >Just curious.
    >

    >Im 5' 10" and have a 52 cm frame.

  14. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest