Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

bike friday's saturday

Started by Leo · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,114 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
11 July 2003
Last activity
11 July 2003
Original author
Leo
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,114
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. hi all

    i'm new to this group, love my flevo, but it looks for company. ;-)

    so i'm quite interested in the saturday, the foldable recumbent from bike friday.

    does anybody has experience with that?

    how is it for everyday commuting (without folding)?

    how is it for travelling (with folding and air transport)?

    any information much appreciated.

    leo

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Leo

    so i'm quite interested in the saturday, the foldable recumbent from bike friday.

    how is it for travelling (with folding and air transport)?

    leo

    One thing to keep in mind these days is that luggage may be opened for inspection when you are not around. There is the possibility that someone may pull a bike part way out and then not get it back in to the case ( these bikes are a tight fit in the case). Chances are they would wrap tape around the partially opened case and send it on its way. Loose parts may be lost.

    As an asside, these days, you can't put anything breakable in your checked bags. You wrap it carefully in clothes, the inspector unwraps it to look at it and then just throws it back in. Heard a story of breakage just this week.

    John Riley

  3. Leo said:

    hi all

    i'm new to this group, love my flevo, but it looks for company. ;- so i'm quite interested in the
    saturday, the foldable recumbent from bike friday does anybody has experience with that how is it
    for everyday commuting (without folding) how is it for travelling (with folding and air
    transport) any information much appreciated.

    leo

    I had a Bike Friday SatRDay for several years - I sold it because everything has a price! (but
    had I known just what a *brute* the new owner turned out to be... <g>😉 But seriously, even though
    technically I never commuted on it (I'm one of those lucky people who telecommutes most of the
    time), I believe it's safe to say that it would serve well as a commuter, as it is quite nimble
    and handles slow-speed maneuvers very well. The quick-folding enables it to be placed in
    relatively small places, whether it be in the corner of an office or the trunk (boot) of a car. I
    never did take it on an airplane. I did follow the directions and disassemble it, twice, and put
    it in its suitcase (take your time and follow the directions, especially the first time) Get in
    touch with Bike Friday - there's a strong contingent of BFers in Australia, and I'm sure they
    would be happy to tell you everything you ever wanted to know.

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY home.fuse.netlarryvarney

  4. In article <[email hidden]>, "Leo" says...

    Quoted message said:


    hi all

    i'm new to this group, love my flevo, but it looks for company. ;-)

    so i'm quite interested in the saturday, the foldable recumbent from bike friday.

    does anybody has experience with that?

    how is it for everyday commuting (without folding)?

    how is it for travelling (with folding and air transport)?

    any information much appreciated.

    I believe that www.bentrideronline.com has a review of that bike.

    Steve Christensen

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.