Bike friendly place to stay in London?

naked_draughtsman

Guest
I'm trying to work out the logistics of doing the London-Brighton bike
ride when I live in North Wales.

One option is to stay the weekend in London.

Does anybody know of a cycle friendly hotel/b&b in
the Clapham/Balham/Brixton sort of area?
I'm looking for somewhere which has somewhere secure (preferably indoors)
to store my bike overnight.

Alternatively, does anybody know if any of the train stations in the area
have cycle lockers where I might be able to leave it overnight?

peter

On 22 Apr, 20:04, naked_draughtsman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> I'm trying to work out the logistics of doing the London-Brighton bike
> ride when I live in North Wales.
>
> One option is to stay the weekend in London.
>
> Does anybody know of a cycle friendly hotel/b&b in
> the Clapham/Balham/Brixton sort of area?
> I'm looking for somewhere which has somewhere secure (preferably indoors)
> to store my bike overnight.
>
> Alternatively, does anybody know if any of the train stations in the area
> have cycle lockers where I might be able to leave it overnight?
>
> peter

Not in the areas specified, but here's my 2p ...

Don't know this one personally, but I stayed at one of these in Caen,
and as it's totally unstaffed so you just wheel your bike into your
room.

http://www.hotelformule1.com/

There's one in Barking which wouldn't be too difficult to get to the
start from.

On 24 Apr, 12:39, elyob <[email protected]> wrote:
> Don't know this one personally, but I stayed at one of these in Caen,
> and as it's totally unstaffed so you just wheel your bike into your
> room.
>
> http://www.hotelformule1.com/
>
> There's one in Barking which wouldn't be too difficult to get to the
> start from.

It's worth just asking if you can take your bike into the room. I did
this recently at a hotel (not in London) and they looked at me like I
was mad for even bothering to ask i.e. of course I could take it in.
They didn't even mind when I brought it in later in the day wet and
muddy, though I was considerate and put some newspaper on the floor to
stand it on.

POHB wrote:
> On 24 Apr, 12:39, elyob <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Don't know this one personally, but I stayed at one of these in Caen,
>> and as it's totally unstaffed so you just wheel your bike into your
>> room.
>>
>> http://www.hotelformule1.com/
>>
>> There's one in Barking which wouldn't be too difficult to get to the
>> start from.

> It's worth just asking if you can take your bike into the room. I did
> this recently at a hotel (not in London) and they looked at me like I
> was mad for even bothering to ask i.e. of course I could take it in.
> They didn't even mind when I brought it in later in the day wet and
> muddy, though I was considerate and put some newspaper on the floor to
> stand it on.

I stopped because it was dark at the hotel villa caribbean(I think) in
doncaster and was tying the bike outside when the owner made me bring it
in to stand in the foyer.He had recently stopped full time professional
bmx riding.
TerryJ