bike/golf.....

Tomcat

Guest
Hello, I have one week off 4/19---4/27 I want to cycle and golf. Cycle in the morning, golf in the
afternoon ( when it is cheaper and less crowded ).

Question;; where to go. I will be starting out on the Mass. NH border. If I set a driving limit of
one full night ( 12-14 hours ) , where would you recommend heading too.

Myrtle Beach? Virginia Beach? North Carolina? Maryland? Virginia? Points west?

I'm looking for a compromise here. If the cycling isn't perfect, so be it. If the golf isn't
perfect, so be it.

One thing for sure ---------- I can't wait to get out of here. It keeps snowing and snowing. I
haven't had my bike out but once. This is the worst winter I can ever remember.

TomCAt ........ who is freezing in the snow as he looks at his bicycle and golf clubs in his
living room.

"TomCAt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello, I have one week off 4/19---4/27 I want to cycle and golf. Cycle in the morning, golf in the
> afternoon ( when it is cheaper and less crowded ).
>
> Question;; where to go. I will be starting out on the Mass. NH border. If I set a driving limit of
> one full night ( 12-14 hours ) , where would you recommend heading too.
>
> Myrtle Beach? Virginia Beach? North Carolina? Maryland? Virginia? Points west?
>
> I'm looking for a compromise here. If the cycling isn't perfect, so be it. If the golf isn't
> perfect, so be it.
>
> One thing for sure ---------- I can't wait to get out of here. It keeps snowing and snowing. I
> haven't had my bike out but once. This is the worst winter I can ever remember.
>
> TomCAt ........ who is freezing in the snow as he looks at his bicycle and golf clubs in his
> living room.

Charlottesville VA.

Don't know about the golf but the biking is excellent. With all the influx of yuppies over the past
10 years there must be a golf course somewhere.

Just wondering how you hook up your golf bag to your bike? BOB?

Andy

"amh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "TomCAt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hello, I have one week off 4/19---4/27 I want to cycle and golf.
Cycle
> > in the morning, golf in the afternoon ( when it is cheaper and less crowded ).
> >
> > Question;; where to go. I will be starting out on the Mass. NH border.
If
> > I set a driving limit of one full night ( 12-14 hours ) , where would
you
> > recommend heading too.
> >
> > Myrtle Beach? Virginia Beach? North Carolina? Maryland? Virginia? Points west?
> >
> > I'm looking for a compromise here. If the cycling isn't perfect, so be
it.
> > If the golf isn't perfect, so be it.
> >
> > One thing for sure ---------- I can't wait to get out of here. It
keeps
> > snowing and snowing. I haven't had my bike out but once. This is the
worst
> > winter I can ever remember.
> >
> > TomCAt ........ who is freezing in the snow as he looks at his bicycle
and
> > golf clubs in his living room.
>
> Charlottesville VA.
>
> Don't know about the golf but the biking is excellent. With all the influx of yuppies over the
> past 10 years there must be a golf course somewhere.
>
> Just wondering how you hook up your golf bag to your bike? BOB?
>
> Andy

BOB trailer ......... of course. Put the clubs in, ride the bike, golf, ride the bike, golf.........
life doesn't get better than that.

"TomCAt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello, I have one week off 4/19---4/27 I want to cycle and golf. Cycle in the morning, golf in the
> afternoon ( when it is cheaper and less crowded ).
>
> Question;; where to go. I will be starting out on the Mass. NH border. If I set a driving limit of
> one full night ( 12-14 hours ) , where would you recommend heading too.
>
> Myrtle Beach? Virginia Beach? North Carolina? Maryland? Virginia? Points west?
>
> I'm looking for a compromise here. If the cycling isn't perfect, so be it. If the golf isn't
> perfect, so be it.
>
> One thing for sure ---------- I can't wait to get out of here. It keeps snowing and snowing. I
> haven't had my bike out but once. This is the worst winter I can ever remember.
>
> TomCAt ........ who is freezing in the snow as he looks at his bicycle and golf clubs in his
> living room.

Yeah you guys are just getting creamed!

I live in Jacksonville, Fla. The bicycling could be better, but you cant beat the golf. Probably
pretty much at the edhge of you range

When I took my dream vacation to Scotland several years ago, I often saw people on bikes, golf bags
slung across their backs. --Roy Zipris

> BOB trailer ......... of course. Put the clubs in, ride the bike, golf, ride the bike,
> golf......... life doesn't get better than that.

I live a mile or so from a golf course. I always wanted to figure out a way to hook up my pull
cart to my bike. But I gave up the game before I did. That damn little white ball laughing at me,
but I digress.

I really enjoyed Bike Virginia when it was in the Charlottesville area. Some great scenery (Chimney
Rock State Park, Blue Ridge Parkway). Staunton has a good cycling culture too.

Enjoy wherever you go.

Andy