Bike Hunting

iglagol

Dec 7, 2007
Police have busted a bike hunter.

Police of California have busted a man who was digging elephant trap-holes at bike ways. The local massmedia comments on the fact by saying he was about to revenge on bicycle riders due to one of them having hit him.
Since June 2007 Warren John Wilson, 52, has dug about 50 traps, dimensioned 30X60 cm in Laguna Lake Park. Some of them were covered for the riders not to notice them. The police is aware of bikers running into the holes more than once and luckily no injuries.
During interrogation Wilson acknowledged everything he's done, and explained that he put revenge after a mountain biker had been about to get him killed.

The sourse: http://wombatik.livejournal.com/563122.html

I wonder if his name is Mike Vandeman. :D

This world is seriously screwed up.

Bro Deal said:
I wonder if his name is Mike Vandeman. :D

This world is seriously screwed up.
I don't know the name. But the world looks like that! :)

Italian saying: La madre degli imbecilli e' sempre incinta.

English translation: The mother of idiots is always pregnant.

Here is a case in point. :)

That right there is the sort of thing that tempts me to carry a weapon when I ride, because there are many others creeps out there. The problem is in Wisconsin it is illegal to conceal a weapon...what should I do? If I am carrying a weapon isn't that sort of adding to the problem by not complying with local laws?

That right there is the sort of thing that tempts me to carry a weapon when I ride, because there are many others creeps out there. The problem is in Wisconsin it is illegal to conceal a weapon...what should I do? If I am carrying a weapon isn't that sort of adding to the problem by not complying with local laws?

Without gettin into another long thread on this, but how would carrying a weapon protect you from a loon who dug holes in cyclepaths? So you can shoot in the air with a broken collarbone?

Sorry, maybe as a European bleeding heart liberal I just do not get it.

edit: typo

Powerful Pete said:
Without gettin into another long thread on this, but how would carrying a weapon protect you from a loon who dug holes in cyclepaths? So you can shot in the air with a broken collarbone?

Sorry, maybe as a European bleeding heart liberal I just do not get it.

No, you get it. A lot of people over here don't get it, though.

What I meant by my previous post, was that it was tempting to carry a weapon for other situations...like some hooligan who sits in the woods on the side of a bike path waiting for somebody to ride past and then steal their bike and any thing else valuable...obviously the weapon wouldn't help in a hole...sorry for not being clear earlier...