Bike in a Chicago snow drift / DiNotte headlight / Arkel trunk bag / all in one pic!

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
> snowdrift? pssshaw

So what if the snow slows Jay down some? It is not like he is trying to
outrun a hungry gator in Chicagoland.

POST FREE OR DIE!

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:

> snow? you call that snow?

It is a light dusting.

POST FREE OR DIE!

On Dec 28, 3:12 pm, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
> ...some might say, OK Jay, now you are just being silly...
>
> http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/snow1.jpg
>
> J.

You call that a drift? That's just late November ground cover up
here. ;)

On Dec. 16 we got a record single-day dump of 38cm (15") of snow. It
was so thick that I could not ride my otherwise well-prepped winter
bike, so I resorted to cross-country skis to get around:

http://drumbent.blogspot.com/2007/12/let-it-snow-let-it-snow-let-it-snow.html

For the hills there's always my ski bike!

http://drumbent.blogspot.com/2007/02/ski-bike-part-2.html

Mark

In article
<7ae57cdb-621e-4fcd-9178-7cd83bb1ea38@b40g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
[email protected] wrote:

> On Dec 28, 3:12 pm, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > ...some might say, OK Jay, now you are just being silly...
> >
> > http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/snow1.jpg
> >
> > J.

> You call that a drift? That's just late November ground cover up
> here. ;)
>
> On Dec. 16 we got a record single-day dump of 38cm (15") of snow. It
> was so thick that I could not ride my otherwise well-prepped winter
> bike, so I resorted to cross-country skis to get around:
>
> http://drumbent.blogspot.com/2007/12/let-it-snow-let-it-snow-let-it-snow.html
>
> For the hills there's always my ski bike!
>
> http://drumbent.blogspot.com/2007/02/ski-bike-part-2.html
>
> Mark

For the win...

http://wiredcola.blogspot.com/2007/01/snow-is-for-fun.html

Hub-deep snow. Snow encrusting every part of my bike. And finding
traction when even the cars could not.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

YO MARK,

I was hoping a ski biker wud show.
let me ask you a question...
are you in danger of castrating yourself when you ski bike?

Jay, you demonstrate talent in photgraphy. We're always here for an
audience. That's a very pleasant photo.
I like the way you backed it in.

"datakoll" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Jay, you demonstrate talent in photgraphy. We're always here for an
> audience. That's a very pleasant photo.
> I like the way you backed it in.

I like a fresh snowfall, as long as I don't need to ride or drive in it.
Everything is a bit brighter and not as boring gray.

I was trying not to have footprints in the pic.

To hear the local TV weathermen talk about it, it sounded like a blizzard.

J.

uneeda webcam-aspen -boulder- madison wisconsin's tower cam-avalon on
catalina island
NOAA'S graphic map is cool-click click click-this morning for example
click the Cal coast

In article <[email protected]>,
Mike Latondresse <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote in
>
> > http://wiredcola.blogspot.com/2007/01/snow-is-for-fun.html
> >
> > Hub-deep snow. Snow encrusting every part of my bike. And finding
> > traction when even the cars could not.
> >

> Love the way your top tube is duct taped together. When was this snow by
> the way.

Smart-aleck!

January 10, 2007. The war stories at the parallel Metblog entry are
quite amusing:

http://vancouver.metblogs.com/archives/2007/01/snow_problem.phtml

The duct tape is wrapped around a foam pad, as this was my cyclocross
bike. It had a fairly small top tube, so the pad added comfort while
shouldering.

That frame, stripped, is now for sale with a matching fork (or the steel
CX fork in that photo). It's a Japanese-made Bianchi from the early 80s.

On Dec 28, 9:46 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <7ae57cdb-621e-4fcd-9178-7cd83bb1e...@b40g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  [email protected] wrote:
> > On Dec 28, 3:12 pm, "Jay" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > ...some might say, OK Jay, now you are just being silly...

> > >http://www.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/snow1.jpg

> > > J.

> > You call that a drift?  That's just late November ground cover up
> > here.  ;)

> > On Dec. 16 we got a record single-day dump of 38cm (15") of snow. It
> > was so thick that I could not ride my otherwise well-prepped winter
> > bike, so I resorted to cross-country skis to get around:

> >http://drumbent.blogspot.com/2007/12/let-it-snow-let-it-snow-let-it-s...

> > For the hills there's always my ski bike!

> >http://drumbent.blogspot.com/2007/02/ski-bike-part-2.html

> > Mark

> For the win...
>
> http://wiredcola.blogspot.com/2007/01/snow-is-for-fun.html
>
> Hub-deep snow. Snow encrusting every part of my bike. And finding
> traction when even the cars could not.
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> "My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
> Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing- Hide quoted text -

your commuter posted here under full sail, planted in local habitat is
a fine contest!