bike in taxi from liverpool

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Kevin Speed, Feb 23, 2003.

  1. Kevin Speed

    Kevin Speed Guest

    Anybody know if I can put a bike in a taxi from Liverpool Airport, 35 miles south to Crewe,
    Cheshire? Arriving too late in the day (23.00) to catch a train

    Tags:

  2. Andrew Clark

    Andrew Clark Guest

    "Kevin Speed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anybody know if I can put a bike in a taxi from Liverpool Airport, 35
    miles
    > south to Crewe, Cheshire? Arriving too late in the day (23.00) to catch a train

    If it's boxed or bagged you may be able to get away with it, if not I can't see any taxi driver
    letting you put it in their car.

    Regular taxis are likely to be expensive. I've used "Executive Travel" for airport transfers between
    Liverpool and Manchester in the past. They were reasonably priced and reliable. They also have a few
    "People Carriers" which may be better suited to carrying bikes. phone no is 0151 495 2552.

    Andrew