Bike Injuries

charlottebainb

Oct 1, 2009
Any one suggest me for avoid cycling injuries? and what are some things i can do to avoid them as well as smart training, because almost all cyclists experience some sort of injury at some point in their cycling career

Regards
Charlotte

I think with cycling you need to be really patient.

Id say increase distance/duration/intensity slowelly and incrementally. 10% per week comes to mind. Also if you wanna prevent injuries, exercise no more than 3-4 times a week maximum. Consider ride, run and gym if your doing that.

Correct bike fit, alignment and pedeling. If your injured it may pay to lower the seat.

Stretch before and after your ride. Stretch all the leg muscles.

Cool down. Dont finish off with a hard hill then come home and crash. Take a little time 5-10 minutes at low intensity to cool down. it flushes out waste products and increases recovery.

Massage, self massage. Especially if you have ITB issues.

charlottebainb said:
Any one suggest me for avoid cycling injuries? and what are some things i can do to avoid them as well as smart training, because almost all cyclists experience some sort of injury at some point in their cycling career

Regards
Charlotte

I second 105K's suggestions with the addition of Balance. Strengthen upper body and core muscles and cross train to avoid over-use injuries. Yoga for stretching, strength and balance...

Hello Friends...

Cycling is one of the best forms of exercise that there is and it is for all ages and abilities as well as being as affordable or expensive as you wish to make it! So whether you’re a keen cyclist or a casual peddler, you can improve your performance, well being and comfort with these tips:
  1. Brake correctly by placing your hands at the ends of the levers.
  2. On a long downhill, don’t stay on your brakes. This may overheat the tire rims, which could cause a blow out. Rather, tap the brakes from time to time.
  3. Don’t pedal in high gear for long spells. This can increase the pressure on your knees and lead to injury.
  4. Position the handles accurately about 1, 5 cm lower than the top of the seat.
Thanks