Bike Insurance

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by wardie2000, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. wardie2000

    wardie2000 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2003
    Does anyone one know of an insurance company that covers a bike for all of the standard(i.e. theft e.t.c) and accidents when training or racing?

    any help appreciated

    Tags:

  2. dailuggs

    dailuggs New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2003
    i recently joined the ctc for the third party insurance and a leaflet came with the pack offering insurance against theft and damage, it starts at a cost of about 10% of the bike value, then thye % decreases as the bike increases in value

    e.g:
    150 costs 15
    200 costs 20
    600 costs 32
    1000 costs 79

    as my bike is only worth about 150 i aint bothering with it, until i get my new one, but worth looking into

    hope this helps

    oh the name of the insurance is CTC Cyclecover Cycle Insurance

  3. Ianb

    Ianb Guest

    "wardie2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone one know of an insurance company that covers a
    bike for all
    > of the standard(i.e. theft e.t.c) and accidents when
    training or racing?

    > any help appreciated

    I would imagine that the B.C.F (British Cycling Federation) would have been the ideal place to start
    as that used to oversee cycle racing. However I believe it has either ceased or had a name change or
    some other group now oversees time trials and Road races. The CTC has been mentioned but being
    primarily a supporter of leisure/touring cycling their favoured insurers probably still exclude
    "mass start road races"

    IanB