Bike Insurance

wardie2000

New Member
Jun 9, 2003
Does anyone one know of an insurance company that covers a bike for all of the standard(i.e. theft e.t.c) and accidents when training or racing?

any help appreciated

Originally posted by wardie2000
Does anyone one know of an insurance company that covers a bike for all of the standard(i.e. theft e.t.c) and accidents when training or racing?

any help appreciated

i recently joined the ctc for the third party insurance and a leaflet came with the pack offering insurance against theft and damage, it starts at a cost of about 10% of the bike value, then thye % decreases as the bike increases in value

e.g:
150 costs 15
200 costs 20
600 costs 32
1000 costs 79

as my bike is only worth about 150 i aint bothering with it, until i get my new one, but worth looking into

hope this helps

oh the name of the insurance is CTC Cyclecover Cycle Insurance

"wardie2000" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone one know of an insurance company that covers a
bike for all
> of the standard(i.e. theft e.t.c) and accidents when
training or racing?

> any help appreciated

I would imagine that the B.C.F (British Cycling Federation) would have been the ideal place to start
as that used to oversee cycle racing. However I believe it has either ceased or had a name change or
some other group now oversees time trials and Road races. The CTC has been mentioned but being
primarily a supporter of leisure/touring cycling their favoured insurers probably still exclude
"mass start road races"

IanB