Bike insurance

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Barcan, Feb 8, 2003.

  1. Just had my renewal notice from household insurer and seems to be steep increase in costs of
    insuring our several (farirly expensive) bikes. Any ideas about good reasonable insurers out there?
    I am talking about theft really rather than third party cover.

    Tags:

  2. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "richard barcan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just had my renewal notice from household insurer and seems to be steep increase in costs of
    > insuring our several (farirly expensive) bikes. Any ideas about good reasonable insurers out
    > there? I am talking about theft really rather than third party cover.

    Try AA Insurance. I had expensive itemised bike coverage with them for many years.

    www.theaa.co.uk

    Pete

  3. Simon Galgut

    Simon Galgut Guest

    "richard barcan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just had my renewal notice from household insurer and seems to be steep increase in costs of
    > insuring our several (farirly expensive) bikes. Any ideas about good reasonable insurers out
    > there? I am talking about theft really rather than third party cover.

    Marks and Spencer - fully covered anywhere in the world without locking. Up to £4000 per bike limit
    without notification. (As part of the household contents policy)

    Regards Simon

  4. Simon Ward

    Simon Ward Guest

    richard barcan <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Just had my renewal notice from household insurer and seems to be steep increase in costs
    > of insuring our several (farirly expensive) bikes. Any ideas about good reasonable insurers
    > out there?
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=uk.rec.cycling+%22insurance%22& ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en (URL
    wrapped) - 3800 hits.

    Read the threads and draw your own conclusions. I've got nearly 5 grands worth of bikes on my
    household policy, which is with HSBC. No complaints about the policy or its exclusions (the usual)
    and making a claim for accidental damage was pleasantly hassle free.

    Simon
    --
    Simon Ward, Accent Optical Technologies (UK) Ltd., York, YO31 8SD, UK "You'd never guess the things
    that I do, I've had the Devil round for tea ..."

  5. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    > "Peter Clinch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > anonymous coward wrote:
    >
    > > One of the Tonies mentioned a broker who advertises in
    > > the back of Cycle, but a quick squiz at the last few
    > > issues suggested he's into Stealth Advertising or I'm
    > > blind (the latter distinctly possible!).
    >
    > Fern insurance - google for it. (we're with them for our
    > tandems).

    Bother - I thought I'd have a quick check - I couldn't get
    anything sensible easily via google since their web page
    doesn't seem to work.

    I actually seem to be dealing with a larger broker than fern
    these days - I think they were related somehow, and they did
    all the paperwork, but I can't remember who it is. Sorry.

    cheers, clive