Bike Light - my reccommendation

Gary

Guest
I have a just bought a very bright bicycle light which cost £35 GBP. Lasts for 300 hours :)

Here is the link: http://www.cateye.com/detail_mod02.php?products_id=93

To test I shone it into an open garage from roughly 100 feet - lit up the entire room very well. I
have also sat in our fiat and had my girlfriend shine at me from a similar distance - very bright,
similar to a single car headlight.

It also has a bluish tint which makes it seem brighter,

The chap in the local shop said it was one the brightest lights on the market - not sure if this was
salesman talk or not, but it certainly is bright enough for me.

Gary.

>The chap in the local shop said it was one the brightest lights on the market - not sure if this
>was salesman talk or not, but it certainly is bright enough for me.
>
>Gary.

I am afraid this light is far from the brightest light on the market. If it works for you, that is
the important thing, but you might compare it to a 12 or 24 watt halogen system. Those are a whole
different level. And then the HID systems are even brighter yet.

Jon Isaacs

Hpw much do these lights you mention cost?

Ae they comparable to acar headligh? Brighter? Dimmer?

I would be a little worried about dazzling drivers if this light were any brighter - it honestly is
blinding and thats at 100ft.

There was a report on the BBC recently about a driver whom was dazzled by a powerful cycle light,
tried to break, skidded and killed 2 cyclists, whilst the third cyclist lost his legs.

I think the one I have bought is more than bright enough for the city roads and at £35 with 300
hours battery life, its very economical.

Gary.

"Jon Isaacs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >The chap in the local shop said it was one the brightest lights on the market - not sure if this
> >was salesman talk or not, but it certainly is bright enough for me.
> >
> >Gary.
>
> I am afraid this light is far from the brightest light on the market. If
it
> works for you, that is the important thing, but you might compare it to a
12 or
> 24 watt halogen system. Those are a whole different level. And then the
HID
> systems are even brighter yet.
>
> Jon Isaacs

>The chap in the local shop said it was one the brightest lights on the market - not sure if this
>was salesman talk or not, but it certainly is bright enough for me.

He must have meant brightest LED light. There are other standard bulb lights that are brighter.
-----------------
Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

"Peter Vesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> If you look at the link you posted the EL300 is listed as 400 candlepower and the light you linked
> to is only 100- so it isn't even the brightest LED light by cateye
>
> Peter http://www.cateye.com/detail_mod02.php?products_id=91

I have an EL300, it IS bright for an LED light, but only produces a small, focussed patch on the
road. Certainly much less illumination than my 12W Smart rechargeable light (though much lighter and
more convenient to move from bike to bike).

Certainly if you look straight at it the EL300 appears very bright, but you need to be at just the
right angle.