Bike light newsgroup

I'm trying to find a newsgroup that discusses 'home built' type of
lighting systems and would appreciate it someone would give me a link
to such a group.

Thanks.

Lewis.

*****

SMS

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> I'm trying to find a newsgroup that discusses 'home built' type of
> lighting systems and would appreciate it someone would give me a link
> to such a group.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Lewis.
>
> *****

Also look at the Candlepower Forums, i.e.
"http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1755372"

There's quite a bit of stuff on the bicycle lighting web site as well,
just Google, "bicycle lighting" and it's the first hit (or click on "I'm
Feeling Lucky" after typing "bicycle lighting" into the Google search
box). This site started off as a "how to" site for rolling your own
lights, then expanded into information about other types of lights as
well (dynamo, flashlight types, HID, etc). Where it needs updating is in
the area of all the new Cree LED lamps that can be used in MR16 and MR11
housings. The MR lights are ideal for bicycle lighting and are used by
most commercial manufacturers of high end lights, but are easily
available to those that want to roll their own lights.

Steve
"http://bicyclelighting.com"

Michael Press

Guest
In article
<[email protected]>,

> I'm trying to find a newsgroup that discusses 'home built' type of
> lighting systems and would appreciate it someone would give me a link
> to such a group.

rec.games.chess.politics for measured, thoughtful,
well informed, discussions on a variety of topics.

--
Michael Press

On Oct 26, 1:18 pm, SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > I'm trying to find a newsgroup that discusses 'home built' type of
> > lighting systems and would appreciate it someone would give me a link
> > to such a group.

> > Thanks.

> > Lewis.

> > *****

> Also look at the Candlepower Forums, i.e.
> "http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1755372"
>
> There's quite a bit of stuff on the bicycle lighting web site as well,
> just Google, "bicycle lighting" and it's the first hit (or click on "I'm
> Feeling Lucky" after typing "bicycle lighting" into the Google search
> box). This site started off as a "how to" site for rolling your own
> lights, then expanded into information about other types of lights as
> well (dynamo, flashlight types, HID, etc). Where it needs updating is in
> the area of all the new Cree LED lamps that can be used in MR16 and MR11
> housings. The MR lights are ideal for bicycle lighting and are used by
> most commercial manufacturers of high end lights, but are easily
> available to those that want to roll their own lights.
>
> Steve
> "http://bicyclelighting.com"

Thanks, Steve, my interest is in the MR16 lights.

A friend recently gave me one of them and, when I hooked it up in
parallel with the Lumotec, on my 6v 3w bottle generator system, it
seemed to work really well.

Now I want to get another one but haven't found one on E-bay.

I'm hoping someone might be able to direct me to them.

Lewis.

*****

vey

Guest
[email protected] wrote:

>my interest is in the MR16 lights.

You may some minor info, but you are about 3 years out of date. Now they
agog about LEDs and they will tell you why.

There really isn't much to ask about. The MR16 works fine.

SMS ???• ?

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> On Oct 26, 1:18 pm, SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> I'm trying to find a newsgroup that discusses 'home built' type of
>>> lighting systems and would appreciate it someone would give me a link
>>> to such a group.
>>> Thanks.
>>> Lewis.
>>> *****

>> Also look at the Candlepower Forums, i.e.
>> "http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1755372"
>>
>> There's quite a bit of stuff on the bicycle lighting web site as well,
>> just Google, "bicycle lighting" and it's the first hit (or click on "I'm
>> Feeling Lucky" after typing "bicycle lighting" into the Google search
>> box). This site started off as a "how to" site for rolling your own
>> lights, then expanded into information about other types of lights as
>> well (dynamo, flashlight types, HID, etc). Where it needs updating is in
>> the area of all the new Cree LED lamps that can be used in MR16 and MR11
>> housings. The MR lights are ideal for bicycle lighting and are used by
>> most commercial manufacturers of high end lights, but are easily
>> available to those that want to roll their own lights.
>>
>> Steve
>> "http://bicyclelighting.com"

> Thanks, Steve, my interest is in the MR16 lights.
>
> A friend recently gave me one of them and, when I hooked it up in
> parallel with the Lumotec, on my 6v 3w bottle generator system, it
> seemed to work really well.
>
> Now I want to get another one but haven't found one on E-bay.

Finding a 6V MR16 that works with a dynamo would be a challenge, as you
really can't go more than 5 watts, and that's at relatively high speed.
There are some MR11 lamps that would work.

On Oct 26, 9:04 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Oct 26, 1:18 pm, SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > [email protected] wrote:
> > > I'm trying to find a newsgroup that discusses 'home built' type of
> > > lighting systems and would appreciate it someone would give me a link
> > > to such a group.

> > > Thanks.

> > > Lewis.

> > > *****

> > Also look at the Candlepower Forums, i.e.
> > "http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1755372"

> > There's quite a bit of stuff on the bicycle lighting web site as well,
> > just Google, "bicycle lighting" and it's the first hit (or click on "I'm
> > Feeling Lucky" after typing "bicycle lighting" into the Google search
> > box). This site started off as a "how to" site for rolling your own
> > lights, then expanded into information about other types of lights as
> > well (dynamo, flashlight types, HID, etc). Where it needs updating is in
> > the area of all the new Cree LED lamps that can be used in MR16 and MR11
> > housings. The MR lights are ideal for bicycle lighting and are used by
> > most commercial manufacturers of high end lights, but are easily
> > available to those that want to roll their own lights.

> > Steve
> > "http://bicyclelighting.com"

> Thanks, Steve, my interest is in the MR16 lights.
>
> A friend recently gave me one of them and, when I hooked it up in
> parallel with the Lumotec, on my 6v 3w bottle generator system, it
> seemed to work really well.

???

You put an MR16 in parallel with a generator headlight and it worked
well???

What is the voltage and wattage spec on that MR16?

- Frank Krygowski

On Oct 27, 11:52 am, [email protected] wrote:
> On Oct 26, 9:04 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Also look at the Candlepower Forums, i.e.
> > > "http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1755372"

> > > There's quite a bit of stuff on the bicycle lighting web site as well,
> > > just Google, "bicycle lighting" and it's the first hit (or click on "I'm
> > > Feeling Lucky" after typing "bicycle lighting" into the Google search
> > > box). This site started off as a "how to" site for rolling your own
> > > lights, then expanded into information about other types of lights as
> > > well (dynamo, flashlight types, HID, etc). Where it needs updating is in
> > > the area of all the new Cree LED lamps that can be used in MR16 and MR11
> > > housings. The MR lights are ideal for bicycle lighting and are used by
> > > most commercial manufacturers of high end lights, but are easily
> > > available to those that want to roll their own lights.

> > > Steve
> > > "http://bicyclelighting.com"

> > Thanks, Steve, my interest is in the MR16 lights.

> > A friend recently gave me one of them and, when I hooked it up in
> > parallel with the Lumotec, on my 6v 3w bottle generator system, it
> > seemed to work really well.

> ???
>
> You put an MR16 in parallel with a generator headlight and it worked
> well???
>
> What is the voltage and wattage spec on that MR16?
>
> - Frank Krygowski

Thanks for your interest.

The bulb has 12v 3w on it but my friend told me that it has circuitry
in it such that it will run on anything up to that.

Lewis.

*****