Bike lights

SueG

Dec 24, 2012
I've just bought these lights on Ebay, but they don't come with any batteries or instructions, 1000LM Cree XML T6 Mountain Bike Bicycle Zoomable Lights + 7 LED Rear Light. Can anyone help, what type of batteries do I need, I've contacted the supplier but might not hear for several days. Thanks

Funny, I just purchased a similar item from ebay which allegedly uses a CREE T6 emitter. Aside from the lamp and housing, the thing is absolute junk. The first unit worked for 1 minute before the regulator board fried, the second unit lasted a week. Whoever designed the product has no idea how basic circuits work.

My unit runs off of 4 AA batteries. If the lamp were to be run at full brightness at over 2 amps the undersized wires to the lamp begin to burn. There is no way for it to reach full brighness without causing a fire. My low tech fix to the unit was to remove the worthless regulator board, add a switch and remove the battery such that the unit runs off of 4.5 volts instead of 6.

It is still much brighter than my more expensive headlamps; the emitter itself is worth the cost. I figure that I will eventually replace all the wires, make my own battery pack and regulator and mount it to my bike.