Bike limiting you?

Of course it is limiting me, It has been stolen, treated badly when stolen, after that I found it and was hit by a car. it is still rolling but it could go much better. I feel I am going too slow for the force I am using while cycling. I managed to repair some things but I really need a new bike or a complete overhaul of this one.

keep in mind too that an average rider (average speed of a road cyclist is only 14 mph) really doesn't care about being the fastest, so buying a new set of rims that cost 2 grand to put on a $1,500 bike wouldn't interest most riders. Look, you get the same workout riding 1 mph slower on heavier less aerodynamic wheels as you would going 1 mph faster on more efficient wheels, because the watts being used remain unchanged, sure you go may go faster but the average rider isn't really thinking about that as much as people here think, they're thinking more about the exercise and not the speed, they only start thinking about speed is when they join a local bike club that's more serious than the let's ride to the nearest pub and have a drink type of club.

The only thing that limits you as a rider is yourself. You can get in tremendous shape on just about anything. Doesn't mean you'll be lightning fast but you can be a strong rider.