Bike Lockers at Syd RWY Stations ??

Yorto

Nov 9, 2007
Hey Guys
been meaning to jump on these forums or a Aus/Syd based forum but this is the only one i have come accross

anywho....
been looking into getting one of these
http://camwest.pps.com.au/projects/lockers.shtml

i went for a ride today to actually view them in person
they seem quite umm SMALL for the length of any bike

does anyone here use these lockers ?
if so can you fit your bike in 1 piece without having to detach your front wheel etc ??

the height of them seem alright especially for my Giant Rincon 23" :)

hope i can get some more info as i hve tried emailing the people who hire them and well they wont help out at all

i have been told for $100 start up will be for 3 months with half of the $100 being a bond
if my bike doesnt fit they will refund ! but meh

Yorto said:
if so can you fit your bike in 1 piece without having to detach your front wheel etc ??
They appear to be similar to ones hear in Melbourne. It should be able to fit your bike without detaching the front wheel.

Yorto said:
they seem quite umm SMALL for the length of any bike

does anyone here use these lockers ?
Price sounds right to what I have been quoted in the past by Bicycle NSW - $50/quarter + bond.

The sizing is quite generous - you can easily fit a whole bike in without removing anything.

If you are organised, what should be able to finds space can do is leave a change of clothes for each day of the week in your locker if you a using it for commuting.

n

nerdag said:
Price sounds right to what I have been quoted in the past by Bicycle NSW - $50/quarter + bond.

The sizing is quite generous - you can easily fit a whole bike in without removing anything.

If you are organised, what should be able to finds space can do is leave a change of clothes for each day of the week in your locker if you a using it for commuting.

n
so you actually use one ?
what is the size of your bike ?
any chance of some pictures of the actual size
or dimensions of the inside

to me it looks like a small box not a rectangle if you know what i mean hence why im asking all the questions etc..
im just hoping i can see someone putting there bike away this week to ask if i can have a look etc

Yorto said:
so you actually use one ?
what is the size of your bike ?
any chance of some pictures of the actual size
or dimensions of the inside

to me it looks like a small box not a rectangle if you know what i mean hence why im asking all the questions etc..
im just hoping i can see someone putting there bike away this week to ask if i can have a look etc
Did use one for a small framed (48cm) road bike. You could easily fit a much larger bike in. Don't use it anymore though.

Why don't you put your bike up against the locker and see how much space there is?

n

nerdag said:
Did use one for a small framed (48cm) road bike. You could easily fit a much larger bike in. Don't use it anymore though.

Why don't you put your bike up against the locker and see how much space there is?

n
well thats the thing
the lockers are double sided
hence why i ask these questions
from my point of view Half of the locker would not fit a bike in one piece
but if it was long ways it might

but looking on the top it seems there is a join of some kind in the middle so yeah im not to sure
i will take some pics possibly tomorrow and show you what i mean