bike magazine

bryanquinn

Jan 19, 2004
I was just wondering what bike magazines you guys read. I used to read bicycling all the time but it seemed like they were moving in the direction of mountain biking and less into roadie stuff.

Originally posted by bryanquinn
I was just wondering what bike magazines you guys read. I used to read bicycling all the time but it seemed like they were moving in the direction of mountain biking and less into roadie stuff.

Try ProCycling, or Cycle Sport.

"VeloNews" is a favorite when I can get my hands on one. You're right about "Bicycling". I'm sure the newer format/content appeals to some but I'm not one that it appeals to. It seems to have less and less substance in every issue. I don't really mind the mountain bike angle, I just wish it had informative articles like it used to have.

:p

Agree on Pro Cycling and Cycle Sport...I subscribe to both. I keep meaning to give Velo News another look...haven't read it in years...used to subscribe.

Hi Bryan,
I suppose it depends on what sort of Cycling you like. If it's Road, then a good Aussie mag is call RIDE CYCLING REVIEW. (ridemedia.com.au) Great articles and photos, good humour as well IE not too serious.
Disclaimer:-I'm not in any way associated with this mag in any way other than as a recent subscriber.
Regards,

I read P.C. and C.S. but I recently came across a mag called RIDE. Its expensive as sheeyot but it is really good.

I read velonews and Velomag (here in Québec) both are pretty for me.

Originally posted by The Cheetah
I read P.C. and C.S. but I recently came across a mag called RIDE. Its expensive as sheeyot but it is really good.
Hi Cheetah,
How much does RIDE set you back in the US ? I recently subscribed for A$33.15 for 4 issues/year (approx U$25.90 - not incl international postage) To buy it off the shelf is A$9.75 (approx U$7.60).

Yep,

RIDE is a great read. Only has 4 issues per year, but is worth the wait...... I'm currently subscribed.

Bicycling Australia is top reading too.

The good thing is that these mags feature reviews on bikes available in Oz and ads from Australian companies, unlike ProCycling etc. (which is still a top read, but I prefer the 'local' content)