Bike maintenance app for the iPhone

andreaskam

Jul 20, 2009
Hey guys, I've been putting together a bike maintenance app for the iPhone because I was kind of surprised one didn't exist already. Anyway, its taken a lot longer than I thought to do it but hopefully people will find it useful. The site has just gone up over on: Bike Doctor App (still much work to be done) and I was hoping to get some initial opinions. The app will basically have 20 repairs for the bike starting with simple stuff like puncture repairs to more advanced stuff like replacing a broken spoke.

It's out on Tuesday of next week but I was hoping to get some initial thoughts off people - would you find something like this useful? What sort of repairs do you want to see in there? Any general thoughts..

Checked out the site and it's a nice idea for sure. Would be cool if it let you keep a maintenance journal for each bike w/ reminders and such for various intervals.

I can't give any direct feedback unless it gets ported to Android though.

Sid Nitzerglobi said:
Checked out the site and it's a nice idea for sure. Would be cool if it let you keep a maintenance journal for each bike w/ reminders and such for various intervals.

I can't give any direct feedback unless it gets ported to Android though.
Thanks for feedback - I'm definitely hopeful it will be well received. Android port would be next on the list if we succeed.

Great idea! It would be especially useful for a rider who doesn't normally do repairs if he breaks down on the road. You might want to include a pre-ride check list so that the user will know what items he should be taking with him to effect these repairs.

Looks promising so far.Try to include pictures of the tools. I had to experiment with mine as I learned how to put my bike together. It was challenging to say the least.

kdelong said:
Great idea! It would be especially useful for a rider who doesn't normally do repairs if he breaks down on the road. You might want to include a pre-ride check list so that the user will know what items he should be taking with him to effect these repairs.
Agreed, pre-ride checklist as well as monthly checklist will be added to V2. A good suggestion :)

Deafwolf said:
Looks promising so far.Try to include pictures of the tools. I had to experiment with mine as I learned how to put my bike together. It was challenging to say the least.
This could definitely be done in the style of a terminology thing. So you could tap the word of the item and see a picture or a description (picture is probably most useful)