Bike maintenance Haiku

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Anthony Sloan, Feb 14, 2003.

  1. I have now become a Haiku author. This represents an exciting new stage in my life.

    ;*)

    Grease permeates skin. Blue handled tools. Red blood wells. My bike will not shift.

    One quarter turn. Clockwise or anti-clockwise? Where did I start?

    Slow rot, over time Entropy does not sleep, ever. Always grease threads.

    Racing tomorrow. Late night tuning session. Television snow.
    --
    My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have now become a Haiku author. This represents an exciting new stage in my life.
    >
    > ;*)
    >
    > Grease permeates skin. Blue handled tools. Red blood wells. My bike will not shift.
    >
    > One quarter turn. Clockwise or anti-clockwise? Where did I start?
    >
    > Slow rot, over time Entropy does not sleep, ever. Always grease threads.
    >
    > Racing tomorrow. Late night tuning session. Television snow.

    Heh - thanks Anthony, ya Zen Jap freak.....

    Shaun aRe. The world is still. What will be?

  3. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 07:44:36 -0600, Anthony Sloan wrote:

    > Grease permeates skin. Blue handled tools. Red blood wells. My bike will not shift.
    >
    > One quarter turn. Clockwise or anti-clockwise? Where did I start?

    Beautiful, man - and something we can all relate to!

    > Racing tomorrow.

    Well maybe not all of it - mine would be more like "raining tomorrow". Still the right number of
    syllables, though. :)

  4. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have now become a Haiku author. This represents an exciting new stage in my life.
    >
    > ;*)
    >
    > Grease permeates skin. Blue handled tools. Red blood wells. My bike will not shift.
    >
    > One quarter turn. Clockwise or anti-clockwise? Where did I start?
    >
    > Slow rot, over time Entropy does not sleep, ever. Always grease threads.
    >
    > Racing tomorrow. Late night tuning session. Television snow.

    Race in two minutes, Scramble to fix derrailleur, Approach start beaten.

    The culprit of wrong, The wrench, the threads, or me? I'm the one buying....

    Flying through the air, Bereft of bicycle, note: "Need to adjust brakes!"

    /s quai bin fu tong!

  5. supabonbon wrote:
    > Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>I have now become a Haiku author. This represents an exciting new stage in my life.
    >>
    >>;*)
    >>
    >>Grease permeates skin. Blue handled tools. Red blood wells. My bike will not shift.
    >>
    >>One quarter turn. Clockwise or anti-clockwise? Where did I start?
    >>
    >>Slow rot, over time Entropy does not sleep, ever. Always grease threads.
    >>
    >>Racing tomorrow. Late night tuning session. Television snow.
    >

    > Race in two minutes, Scramble to fix derrailleur, Approach start beaten.
    >
    > The culprit of wrong, The wrench, the threads, or me?

    BZZZ! you're one short. try wrenches ;)

    > I'm the one buying....
    >
    > Flying through the air, Bereft of bicycle, note: "Need to adjust brakes!"
    >
    > /s quai bin fu tong!

    Where is that hex wrench? I've got five, seven, and eight; all I need is six.

    If mountain biking Is the one true path, why are my wheels so untrue?

    My bike is silent. It glides in pure perfection. Wait... where is my chain?

    Jon Bond

  6. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I have now become a Haiku author. This represents an exciting new stage in my life.
    > >
    > > ;*)

    Rainy or sunny

    Warm or cold we ride because

    There is no season

    Bored at work or home

    Come to alt dot mountain bike

    We post all day long

  7. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

  8. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    >> Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >>> I have now become a Haiku author. This represents an exciting new stage in my life.

    (it's 5/7/5 )

    grey frozen sky wet and mud I cannot ride my bike calls to me

    dreams of Idaho soft dirt and pine duff trails spring will be here soon

    penny

  9. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > >> Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > (it's 5/7/5 )
    >
    > grey frozen sky wet and mud I cannot ride my bike calls to me
    >
    > dreams of Idaho soft dirt and pine duff trails spring will be here soon
    >
    > penny

    my ass hurts

    --
    Slacker

  10. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:17:34 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    [snip good stuff]

    >Shaun aRe. The world is still. What will be?

    I believe you're getting it now.

    peace, bill

    :-]

  11. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:22:41 GMT, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> >
    >> (it's 5/7/5 )
    >>
    >> grey frozen sky wet and mud I cannot ride my bike calls to me
    >>
    >> dreams of Idaho soft dirt and pine duff trails spring will be here soon
    >>
    >> penny
    >

    >my ass hurts

    D'oh!

    :-]