Bike maintenance - I did it!!!

Zilla

Guest
I replaced all the pivot bushings on my Trek Fuel 90 instead of taking it to LBS. I had to buy a
crank puller to take the right crank out to access the main pivot assembly, and Phil Wood grease for
all the new parts. Suspension feels smoother now and no more creaks!!!

--
- Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

> I replaced all the pivot bushings on my Trek Fuel 90 instead of taking it to LBS. I had to buy a
> crank puller to take the right crank out to access the main pivot assembly, and Phil Wood grease
> for all the new parts. Suspension feels smoother now and no more creaks!!!
>
> --
> - Zilla

Feels much better doing it yourself, doesn't it. Plus, you know it was done right!
--
Slacker

"Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I replaced all the pivot bushings on my Trek Fuel 90 instead of taking it to LBS. I had to buy a
> > crank puller to take the right crank out to access the main pivot assembly, and Phil Wood grease
> > for all the new parts. Suspension feels smoother now and no more creaks!!!
> >
> > --
> > - Zilla
>

> Feels much better doing it yourself, doesn't it. Plus, you know it was
done right!
> --
> Slacker

Unless you're like me and help a friend change a Hayes hydraulic line (too short) on his son's bike
and snap off the barbed tube off the master cylinder. :^( Those feckers are 50 bucks. Arrrgh!

Mike - No good deed goes unpunished.

> > > I replaced all the pivot bushings on my Trek Fuel 90 instead of taking it to LBS. I had to buy
> > > a crank puller to take the right crank out to access the main pivot assembly, and Phil Wood
> > > grease for all the new parts. Suspension feels smoother now and no more creaks!!!
> > >
> > > --
> > > - Zilla
> >

> > Feels much better doing it yourself, doesn't it. Plus, you know it was
> done right!
> > --
> > Slacker
> >

> Unless you're like me and help a friend change a Hayes hydraulic line (too short) on his son's
> bike and snap off the barbed tube off the master cylinder. :^( Those feckers are 50 bucks. Arrrgh!
>
> Mike - No good deed goes unpunished.

hahahehehoho.....Don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing when I rebuilt my rear brake. Really
****** myself off. Fortunately, I had a spare that I was replacing because I jacked up the piston
rod, so just gutted it and moved all the inner parts over to it. That damn tube is so tiny it
doesn't take much to snap it off, but that's the price we pay for the power.

The thing that blows is the 2003's can only be shortened at the master! Couldn't have Hayes put the
fixed end on the master, it's much cheaper to replace the banjo.
--
Slacker

Zilla <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I replaced all the pivot bushings on my Trek Fuel 90 instead of taking it to LBS. I had to buy a
> crank puller to take the right crank out to access the main pivot assembly, and Phil Wood grease
> for all the new parts. Suspension feels smoother now and no more creaks!!!
>
> --
> - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

Are you supposed to lube oon those bushes? I was under the impression that they were self
lubricating.