Bike maintenance

Chazzz801

May 15, 2009
Heya guys.

Just got a new bike, a Boardman pro carbon, and am absolutely thrilled so far. My average speed has shot up as well which was a bit unexpected. Anyway obviously I want to keep it in pristine condition and was wondering if anybody had some advice about the best ways and products for keeping your bike in the best shape possible. My last bike was an absolute beginner's bike; a Giant OCR 4. By the time I actually got round to serious training on it, the bike wasn't in it's out of the shop condition so I just left it that way, so I'm clueless when it comes to maintenance and general cleaning.

Cheers,

Charlie

Chazzz801 said:
Just got a new bike, a Boardman pro carbon, and am absolutely thrilled so far. My average speed has shot up as well which was a bit unexpected. Anyway obviously I want to keep it in pristine condition and was wondering if anybody had some advice about the best ways and products for keeping your bike in the best shape possible. My last bike was an absolute beginner's bike; a Giant OCR 4. By the time I actually got round to serious training on it, the bike wasn't in it's out of the shop condition so I just left it that way, so I'm clueless when it comes to maintenance and general cleaning.
Consider buying a copy of ZINN AND THE ART OF ROAD BIKE MAINTENANCE [~$25(US)] ...

And, if you still have your GIANT, then tune it up, first, to get some hands on experience.