Bike manufacturer websites

nuliajuk

Dec 5, 2009
Has anyone else noticed that bike companies tend to have the most frustrating websites? Specialized is probably the worst, but there are many others that leave me irritated.
Note to bike manufacturers, here are things I don't want/need to deal with:
- Flashy graphics that move and take a long time to load
- Having to go all the way back to a main menu for every new thing I want to see
- Non-existent geometry charts, or charts that are on a completely different page
Things I'd like to see:
- Manufacturers suggested retail price. Okay, every shop is different, but a ballpark figure would be good.

+1. My biggest complaint is when they have the tabs to the geometry and specifications hidden on the first page and you have to hunt around for them, rather than having them in an easily seen spot. MSRP would be good too. I can see why they have the Geometry charts and specs on separate pages though. A lot of people don't scroll down.

Too bad Bikepedia doesn't have geometry charts. I find this site to be much more informative without marketing bling.

davereo said:
Too bad Bikepedia doesn't have geometry charts. I find this site to be much more informative without marketing bling.
Definitely. Everything laid out in an easy to read format. And no description of the newest carbon triangle (still with just the three sides) and it's increased comfort.

Another problem with manufactures web sites is researching older model bikes. They only have their newest lines available to browse.