Bike Mechanic Certification in Japan

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by joeblo, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. joeblo

    joeblo New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2004
    Does anyone know anything about bicycle certification in Japan? Certification is needed to sell bikes here if any assembly is required. I'd like to get certified so that I can import and sell bents but I can't read enough Japanese to take any paper tests.

    Therefore I'd like to know if certification from the two main U.S.A. schools (United Bicycle Institute and Barnett Bicycle Institute) are accepted in Japan? I contacted these schools and they didn't know.

    Tags:

  2. Jack Davis

    Jack Davis Guest

    I think you would find that "bicycle certification" would be the least of your problems if you try
    to do an importing and selling business in Japan.

    Why not ask them your question?

    Good luck....

    JD

    "joeblo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:pRP%[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know anything about bicycle certification in Japan? Certification is needed to sell
    > bikes here if any assembly is required. I'd like to get certified so that I can import and sell
    > bents but I can't read enough Japanese to take any paper tests.
    >
    > Therefore I'd like to know if certification from the two main U.S.A. schools (United Bicycle
    > Institute and Barnett Bicycle Institute) are accepted in Japan? I contacted these schools and they
    > didn't know.
    >

    > --

  3. joeblo

    joeblo New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2004
    I am asking "them" because Japanese people also read this forum. Besides it's the weekend here and I thought I could get some answers before Monday when I will contact the government office that deals with bicycle certification.

    Also I know there are many obstacles. Being certified seem to me to be the first obstacle to clear.

    Thanks for your valuable advice.

  4. Jack Davis

    Jack Davis Guest

    "joeblo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jack Davis wrote:
    > > I think you would find that "bicycle certification" would be the least of your problems if you
    > > try to do an importing and selling business in Japan. Why not ask them your question? Good
    > > luck.... JD "joeblo" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    [email protected]:pRP%[email protected]
    > > netserver.com...
    > > > Does anyone know anything about bicycle certification in Japan? Certification is needed to
    > > > sell bikes here if any assembly is required. I'd like to get certified so that I can import
    > > > and sell bents but I can't read enough Japanese to take any paper tests.
    > > >
    > > > Therefore I'd like to know if certification from the two main U.S.A. schools (United Bicycle
    > > > Institute and Barnett Bicycle Institute) are accepted in Japan? I contacted these schools
    > > > and they didn't know.
    > > >

    > > > --
    >
    > I am asking "them" because Japanese people also read this forum. Besides it's the weekend here and
    > I thought I could get some answers before Monday when I will contact the government office that
    > deals with bicycle certification.
    >
    > Also I know there are many obstacles. Being certified seem to me to be the first obstacle
    > to clear.
    >
    > Thanks for your valuable advice.

    You're welcome....and please keep us informed of your progress.... I am sure it will be interesting
    to many of our readers in the US as well as those in Japan.

    And again, good luck....

    jd